This Loaded Twice Baked Potato Casserole Recipe is one of my favorite side dishes to whip up!! It’s that time of year when life revolves around food and everything food. With holiday dinners and football tailgating, we spend most of our weekends with friends and family, and I love every minute!
(I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
Now it’s no surprise that casseroles are my jam, so making a side dish that is a casserole means it’s total when for me!! With the colder weather upon us, it’s time for the casserole season to begin. One of our favorite side dishes is twice-baked mashed potatoes, so this was the next step. (See my loaded mashed potatoes recipe -> here)
Loaded Twice Baked Potato Casserole Ingredients
- Minced Garlic
- Green onion
- Gold Potatoes– You can use Red Potatoes or Russet Potatoes, but I enjoy gold potatoes in dishes like this.
- Black pepper
- Cheddar cheese
- Cream cheese
- Milk– I usually use two percent milk, but you can also use heavy whipping cream.
- Sour cream
How To Make Loaded Twice-Baked Potato Casserole
Start a pot of boiling water for your potatoes.
Rinse off and peel your potatoes.
Cut up your potatoes into chunks for easier boiling. You can use Russet or Gold Potatoes to make these. The gold potatoes are my personal favorite.
Boil your potatoes until they are ready to be mashed up.
While the potatoes boil, dice up your bacon and cook it to the doneness you prefer. I like juicy bacon, so that’s how we eat ours, it will also cook a bit in the oven.
Preheat your oven to 350
Strain your potatoes and place them into your mixing bowl
Dump in about 1/2-3/4 of your bacon and all other ingredients, except cheese and mix
Put about 3 cups of cheese into your mixer and mix
Spray a casserole pan with non-stick spray, I used a 4.8 quart pyrex pan.
Spread your potatoes into your casserole pan and then top with the remaining cheese and bacon
Bake for about 30 minutes.
I mean, look at all that cheese and gooeyness!! Now while you could have this as a dinner, we opted to have it as a side to go with our bbq ribs. It may not be the prettiest casserole, but it is so good!
What is your favorite side dish to make when tailgating?
How To Store Leftover Mashed Potatoes
Allow the potatoes to cool correctly, put them in an airtight container or bag, and store them in the fridge for up to five days.
WHAT GOES WITH LOADED MASHED POTATOES
- Smoked Prime Rib
- Crockpot Ham
- Smoked Turkey
- Green Bean Casserole
- Smoked Brisket
- Crockpot Coca-Cola Ribs
Other Recipes To Check Out
- Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners
- Comforting Winter Soup
- Tater Tot Casserole Recipes
- Recipes Using Coca-Cola
- Comforting Casserole Recipes
- No Bake Dessert Recipes
- Potato Salad Recipes
- Breakfast Casseroles
- Pasta Salad Recipes
- Crockpot Chicken Recipes
- Ground Beef Beef Recipes
- Crockpot Tailgating Recipes
- Crockpot Soup Recipes
- Super Easy Ground Beef Recipes
Loaded Twice Baked Potato Casserole
- Start a pot of boiling water for your potatoes
- Rinse and peel your potatoes
- Cut up your potatoes into chunks for easier boiling
- Boil your potatoes until they are ready to be mashed up
- Preheat your oven to 350
- Strain your potatoes and place them into your mixing bowl
- Dump in about 1/2-3/4 of your bacon and all other ingredients, except cheese and mix
- Put in about 3 cups of cheese into your mixer and mix
- Spray a casserole pan with non-stick spray, I used a 4.8 quart
- Spread your potatoes into your casserole pan and then top with remaining cheese and bacon
- Bake for about 30 minutes