This Easy Stove Top Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe is perfect for this time of year!! It’s that time of year; the weather is crummy, and the rainy season has started. Not too surprising we want comfort food.
No Yolks sponsored this post as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central, and all opinions expressed in my post are my own. (I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. )
I will admit I am usually a twist open a can of chicken noodle soup instead of trying to make one from scratch. Never again am I amazed at how easy this stovetop homemade chicken noodle soup was to whip up at home. We had a big storm roll thru last week that knocked out our power; ironically, it was the same night we whipped this up! Right as we sat down to eat, the lights went out!
Easy Stove Top Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup Ingredients:
- Semi-Grilled Chicken Breast– I used boneless skinless chicken breasts for making this. I didn’t want to dig out bones when making the soup, and the breasts shredded quickly for soup.
- Montreal Steak Seasoning
- White Onion
- Minced Garlic
- Chicken Broth
- No Yolk Noodles
How To Make Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
Now you can do the chicken differently, but the flavor this method adds is fantastic!
Using a basting brush cover, rub olive oil on your chicken breasts on both sides.
Season your chicken breasts with your seasonings of choice; I used Montreal Steak Seasoning.
Fire up your grill and start grilling your chicken breasts. You don’t want to cook them entirely, enough to cook in the flavor.
Start a pot boiling with water and your broth.
Chop up your veggies and any fresh herbs.
Once your pot is boiling, and your chicken is ready to go throw everything but the No Yolk Noodle.
Turn your heat down to a low boil and allow the pot to simmer all day. I did keep the lid on quite a bit and often stir so the chicken shreds as you go.
About 20-30 minutes before you are ready to eat, drop in your No Yolk Noodles, depending on your preference, and how many noodles you add. I added a bag and a half to mine.
Serve and top with more parsley if you want! The kids added crackers to their soup as well.
What is your go to comfort soup?
SEASONING OPTIONS FOR CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP:
How To Store Leftover Chicken Noodle Soup
Store in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to three days.
Store in the fridge allowing for the chicken noodle soup to cool completely. Divide into air-tight containers and freeze for up to three months.
How To Reheat Leftover Chicken Noodle Soup
If reheating frozen chicken noodles soup allows it to defrost overnight in the fridge or use the defrost setting on y our microwave.
Either reheat in the microwave or in a pan on the stove.
Other No Yolk Noodles Recipes
- One-Pot Cheesy Ham Noodle
- Creamy Easy Beef Stroganoff Recipe
- Easy Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Friendship Casserole
- Turkey Noodle Soup
Easy Stove Top Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Now you can do the chicken different but the flavor this method adds is amazing!
- Using a basting brush cover rub olive oil on your chicken breasts on both sides.
- Season your chicken breasts with your seasonings of choice, I used Montreal steak seasoning.
- Fire up your grill and start grilling your chicken breasts. You don't want to cook them completely but enough to cook in the flavor.
- Start a pot boiling with water and your broth.
- Chop up your veggies.
- Once your pot is boiling and your chicken is ready to go throw everything but the No Yolk Noodles.
- Turn your heat down to a low boil and allow the pot to simmer all day long. I did keep the lid on quite a bit.
- About 20-30 minutes before you are ready to eat drop in your No Yolk Noodles, depending on your preference is how much noodles you add. I added a bag and a half to mine.
- Serve and top with more parsley if you want! The kids added crackers to theirs.