Tater Tot Casserole recipes are one of those dinners that scream that fall is here for my house! Our fall schedule gets to be so crazy with practice and school events. Easy dinner recipes are a must; this one is almost a complete meal! Bonus points this is one of those casseroles that is a family favorite.
(I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
An easy casserole recipe is a must for my household. Easy recipes are one of those things that the whole family loves, but I find them to be my favorite as I am the chef. Picky eaters or picky kids even love this classic comfort food. I love when a casserole dish for dinner can be made from simple ingredients. Tater Tot Casserole is one of those easy weeknight dinners for busy weeknights.
Tater Tot Hotdish StickerPyrex 9×13-Inch Glass Baking DishCasserole Cozy
My Go-To Tater Tot Casserole Recipes:
- Beef Tater Tot Casserole– Use ground beef to make this easy tater tot casserole recipe! Prep ahead of time the ground beef for those busy weeknight dinners.
- Turkey Tater Tot Casserole– Ground turkey is an excellent choice for this dish in place of ground beef or other ground meats.
- Breakfast Tater Tot Casserole– This hearty casserole for breakfast is easy to make layers to cook for a crowd. The crispy tater tots pull off like hash browns in this dish.
- Cheesy Meatball Tater Tot Casserole– Use meatballs with golden tater tots topped with sharp cheddar cheese shredded cheese to make this delicious dinner.
Must-Try Out Tater Tot Casserole:
- Slow Cooker Crock Pot Sloppy Joe Tater Tot Casserole-Make a hearty dinner, but use your crockpot to make sloppy joe tater tot casserole.
- Buffalo Chicken Tater Tot Casserole– Take hot sauce and shredded chicken to make this tater tot casserole.
- Lasagna Tater Tot Casserole– Take a favorite family dish of Lasagna and make it into a tater tot casserole. The best of both worlds is potatoes and pasta!
- Cheesy Taco Tater Tot Hotdish– Use a Large cast-iron skillet to make this dish in the oven.
- Tater Tot Chicken Casserole-Casserole made with chicken breasts, shredded into chicken, corn, and black beans to make a filling version of an easy casserole.
- Vegan Tater Tot Hotdish– This classic tater tot casserole can be made vegan using walnut meat.
- Taco Tater Tot Casserole-Ground beef with Sour cream, tomatoes, and homemade taco seasoning to make this Mexican tater tot casserole.
- Ham & Broccoli Tater Tot Casserole-Perfect way to use up any leftover ham from holiday dishes in this tater tot casserole.
What is your favorite way to make Tater Tot Casserole? Any other favorite casserole dinners?
OTHER OPTIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR TATER TOT CASSEROLE:
Now, most Tater Tot Casseroles start with a layer of ground meat, typically a layer of ground beef, then a layer with cream of chicken soup or a can of cream of mushroom soup. Also, lots of cheddar cheese as well. There is no best tater tot casserole recipe, and there is no wrong way to make this hot dish either.
- Ground Chicken
- Ground Turkey
- Can Green Beans
- Sour Cream
- Broccoli– will need to be cooked and soft, not fresh and uncooked.
- Cauliflower Tater Tots
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Black Pepper
- Bell Pepper
- Mixed Vegetables– These will need to be cooked and soft.
- Splash of Worceshthire sauce
WHAT TO SERVE WITH TATER TOT CASSEROLE
- Oven Roasted Baby Potatoes
- Oven Roasted Acorn Squash
- Loaded Mashed Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Loaded Beans
- Garlic Pull-Apart Bread
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVER TATER TOT CASSEROLE
Store leftover tot casserole in the fridge in an airtight container for three to five days. When reheating, you can add more cheese as well. This dish is just as good the next day.
If not in an air-tight container, store leftovers in the baking dish with plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
CAN YOU FREEZE LEFTOVER TATER TOT CASSEROLE?
You can make a double batch and freeze half of it to cook later. This easy casserole’s leftovers can also be frozen and reheated later on.
Check out my 2 Ingredient Desserts, perfect for making all year!
Leave a Reply