Turkey Tater Tot Casserole Recipe is a twist on one of our favorite dinner recipes! I Even though we are on the go non-stop, that doesn’t change the fact that dinner has to happen every night. It is so easy to put together, and everyone loves it. This casserole is so easy to assemble that teenagers can do it themselves! Even teenage boys and picky eaters will love the simple ingredients in this easy tater tot casserole recipe.
(I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
Easy weeknight dinners are a must! Easy dinners are a must with sports practice and homework at night is essential, especially ones even picky eaters will eat. An easy casserole recipe is perfect for fall and winter and easy to throw into the oven.
Turkey Tater Tot Casserole Recipe Ingredients:
- Ground Turkey
- Cream of Chicken Soup-Any cream of soup can be used in this recipe. My kids prefer cream of chicken over cream of mushroom, but either version work in this recipe.
- Cheese– Any shredded cheese works, I like to use cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese on my tater tot casseroles
- Tator Tots
How To Make Tater Tot Casserole With Ground Turkey
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Spray a 9X13 dish with nonstick spray. I prefer to use a pyrex 9X13 to make my casseroles.
Brown your ground turkey in a large skillet and strain the grease.
Place browned turkey in the bottom of the casserole pan.
In a bowl, mix together your cream soup and your milk.
Cover the ground turkey with the cream soup mixture.
Top the meat mixture with tater tots so everything is covered.
Cover with cheese to your desired cheesiness.
Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or till your tater tots are fully cooked and serve!!
You can mix the cheese up in the soup mixture but we love it this way!!! The cheese on the top just makes it unique and you can pluck off tater tots to eat covered in cheese. (Total win, right?)
WHAT TO SERVE WITH TATER TOT CASSEROLE
- Oven Roasted Baby Potatoes
- Oven Roasted Acorn Squash
- Loaded Mashed Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Loaded Beans
- Garlic Pull-Apart Bread
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVER TATER TOT CASSEROLE
Store leftover tot casserole in the fridge in an airtight container for three to five days. When reheating, you can add more cheese as well. This casserole dish is just as good the next day.
If not in an air-tight container, store leftovers in the baking dish with plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
CAN YOU FREEZE LEFTOVER TATER TOT CASSEROLE?
You can make a double batch and freeze half of it to cook later. This classic comfort food leftovers can also be frozen and reheated later on.
OTHER OPTIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR TATER TOT CASSEROLE:
- Ground Chicken
- Ground Turkey
- Green Beans
- Sour Cream
- Broccoli– will need to be cooked and soft, not fresh and uncooked.
- Cauliflower Tater Tots
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Black Pepper
- Bell Pepper
- Mixed Vegetables– These will need to be cooked and soft.
- Splash of Worceshthire sauce
OTHER CASSEROLE RECIPES TO CHECK OUT:
- Tater Tot Casserole Recipes
- Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- Chicken Stove Top Casserole
- Cheesy Ham Noodle Casserole
Dessert Recipes to Check Out
- 2 Ingredient Desserts
- Cake Mix Cookies
- Peanut Butter Desserts
- Ice Cream Floats
- Potluck Desserts
- Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake
Turkey Tater Tot Casserole
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a 9X13 dish with nonstick spray (I prefer glass cookware and homemade nonstick spray)
- Brown your ground turkey and strain the grease
- Place browned turkey in bottom of casserole pan
- In a bowl mix together your cream soup and your milk
- Cover the ground turkey with the cream soup mixture
- Top with tater tots to so everything is covered
- Cover with cheese to your desired cheesiness
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or till your tater tots are fully cooked and serve!!