Cheesy Ham Noodle Casserole recipe is one of those easy comfort food dinners. Plus, this is a dinner that is also quick to throw together. Holiday leftover meals are always a family favorite, and they are perfect.
(I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
With soccer and homework almost every night, dinner can be rushed and hurried. I love using egg noodles in dishes like this; they cook fast and go with so many different proteins to make easy dinners. Diced ham is one of those foods that we always have on hand from holiday leftover ham or from the grocery store for omelets. Casseroles are a great way to make filling dinners for the whole family and to save money too!
Cheesy Ham Noodle Casserole Ingredients:
- Diced Ham-You can dice up any form of ham. I used leftover crockpot ham (see my recipe -> here), but you could dice up a ham steak.
- Dumpling Egg Noodles– Any version of egg noodles will work on this recipe.
- Frozen Mixed Vegetables– This can be any combination mine had Corn, Green Beans, Carrots, and Peas in them.
- Cream of Chicken Soup–
- Sour Cream
- Garlic Salt
- Mozzarella Cheese
How To Make Ham Noodle Cheese Casserole:
Boil a large pot of water and drop in your egg noodles, and cook according to the package directions. (I used dumpling egg noodles from No Yolk, but any variation will work.)
Strain your noodles in a strainer once they are cooked. I love my over-the-counter strainer; this makes straining noodles easy and makes it easier to put the strained food back in the pans.
If using frozen steam fresh vegetable microwave until they are done, if cooking on the stove strains the vegetables from the water. Be sure to consult package instructions for proper cooking times and steps.
Mix your cream of chicken, sour cream, milk, salt, pepper, and 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese in a large bowl.
Once mixed in the bowl, add the cooked vegetables, chunks of ham, and egg noodles to the sour cream mixture.
Grease a 3.5-quart baking pan or a casserole dish and pour the casserole ingredients into the pan. I love these Rachel Ray casserole dishes, the colors are amazing and they cook easily. See them -> here on Amazon.
Top the dish with the remaining 1 Cup of shredded cheese.
Bake 350 degrees in the oven for 30 minutes.
Remove and serve!
You can top the ham casserole with crumbled ritz, the kids loved the creamy cheese sauce of this delicious casserole. The sour cream sauce really tied together this cheesy casserole.
Other Seasonings And Ingredients To Substitute In:
- Swiss Cheese
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Cream Of Mushroom
- Bread Crumbs
- Extra Ham
- Cooked Onion
- Orange Peppers
- Parmesan Cheese
- Onion Powder
- Fresh Parsley
- Garlic Powder
Other no yolk Noodle Recipes To Check Out
- One-Pot Cheesy Ham Noodles– Use egg noodles paired with alfredo sauce and cheese to make this unique pasta dish.
- Easy Cheesy Ham Noodle Casserole– Easy to make with egg noodles and leftover ham! Add vegetables and cheese for this easy dinner!
- Chicken Parmesan Bake– Use shredded chicken with egg noodles and pasta sauce to make this amazing casserole for dinner.
- Leftover Turkey Noodle Casserole-Transform leftover turkey into a delicious and comforting meal with this easy turkey noodle casserole recipe! Quick and satisfying weeknight dinner.
- Friendship Casserole Casserole– Perfect casserole for your house and a friend! Use egg noodles, ground beef, spaghetti sauce, and shredded cheese to make this frugal dinner.
- Easy Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup-Make on the stovetop to make the whole house smell incredible; this is the perfect cold weather soup.
- Smoked Turkey Noodle Soup Recipe– Use a large stock pot to boil down a smoked turkey carcass to make the broth for this amazing turkey leftover soup recipe.
- Creamy Beef Stroganoff-Make this dish at home easily for a classic comfort food.
- Tuna Casserole– A family classic using egg noodles, tuna fish, and cornflakes to make this dinner. The recipe works out to be frugal using pantry items.
Dessert Recipes to Check Out
- Easy Dessert Recipes
- 2 Ingredient Desserts
- Cake Mix Cookies
- Peanut Butter Desserts
- Ice Cream Floats
- Potluck Desserts
- Angel Food Cake Mix Recipes
- Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake
Cheesy Ham Noodle Casserole Recipe
- Boil a large pot of water and drop in your egg noodles, cook according to the package directions.
- Strain your noodles in a strainer once they are cooked.
- If using frozen steam fresh vegetables microwave until they are done, if cooking on the stove strains the vegetables from the water. Be sure to consult package instructions for proper cooking times and steps.
- Mix in a large bowl your cream of chicken, sour cream, milk, salt, pepper, and 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese.
- Once mixed in the bowl add the cooked vegetables, chunks of ham, and egg noodles to the sour cream mixture.
- Grease a 3.5-quart baking pan or a casserole dish and pour the casserole ingredients into the pan.
- Top the dish with the remaining 1 Cup of shredded cheese.
- Bake 350 degrees in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove and serve!
- You can top the ham casserole with crumbled ritz, the kids loved the creamy cheese sauce of this delicious casserole.