This Easy Chicken Parmesan Casserole Recipe is perfect for saving on a crazy weeknight. Isn’t it amazing how much things ever slow down at all? I know as the kids have gotten older, it is just busy, busy, busy.
Barilla has compensated me for this post; however, I am sharing my own thoughts. All opinions are my own. (I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
Thank goodness for casseroles; there are nights that they are the only reason we have something homemade on the table for a meal! Pasta is always one of those foods that all three kids love to eat, and let’s face it, pasta is amazing!
We decided to make up a Chicken Parmesan Casserole, and not to worry, it is amazing, plus a huge hit with the whole family.
Easy Chicken Parmesan Casserole Recipe Ingredients:
- Barilla ProteinPlus Pasta Penne
- Barilla Marinara Sauce
- Chicken Breasts– You will want these to be thinner boneless skinless chicken breasts; I tend to buy the frozen, not fresh, ones for this dish.
- Panko Breadcrumbs
- Parmesan Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese
How To Make Chicken Parmesan Casserole:
Preheat your oven to 425.
Pour in your water and Barilla ProteinPlus Pasta Penne into your casserole pan.
Add in the Barilla Marinara Sauce and stir it up.
Place your chicken breasts on the water, sauce, and pasta combination.
Wrap your pan tightly with aluminum foil; this will help to trap in moisture for the pasta and the chicken to cook.
Bake for about 30-45 minutes till the pasta is tender. I started checking it at 30 minutes.
Remove from the oven and add on the Mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, and breadcrumbs, and sprinkle with some garlic salt with parsley.
Put back in the oven uncovered for about 5 minutes till the cheese has melted and browned a bit
Serve up and enjoy!!!
What is your go-to pasta dish to make for dinner?
How To Store Leftover Chicken Parmesan Casserole
You can store leftover casserole in an air-tight container for up to three days in the ridge. If freezing leftover casserole it can be kept in the freezer for up to 30 days.
Storing leftovers properly requires the right tools! My preferred storage method is if the leftovers can be sealed in a food saver. If not, then an air-tight container or Ziploc bag for the fridge is the way I go. The air-tight container and a freezer Ziploc bag are the next best bet for freezing the leftovers. I also use a food scale to measure portions into serving sizes.
how to reheat chicken parmesan
The best way to reheat chicken parmesan is to put it in a preheated oven and bake it with aluminum foil for about 10 minutes.
What to Serve With Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- Oven Roasted Potatoes
- Garlic Bread
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Cesar Salad
- Loaded Mashed Potatoes
- Grilled Corn On The Cob
- Tomato Caprese
- Oven Roasted Acorn Squash
Other Variations Of Chicken Parmesan:
Chicken Parmesan is one of those dishes that the whole family and the kids will love! If you want more variations and tips on Chicken Parmesan, check out Easy Chicken Parmesan Recipes. (see the post -> here)
- Chicken Parmesan Skillet Dinner
- Easy Chicken Parmesan
- Weight Watchers Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan Recipe
Easy Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- Preheat your oven to 425
- Spray a 9X13 dish with a nonstick spray
- Pour in your water and Barilla ProteinPlus Pasta Penne into the pan
- Add in the Barilla Marinara Sauce and stir it up
- Place your chicken breasts on top of the water, sauce, and pasta combination
- Wrap your pan tightly with aluminum foil, this will help to trap in moisture for the pasta and the chicken to cook
- Bake for about 30-45 minutes till the pasta is tender I started checking it at 30 minutes
- Remove from the oven and add on the Mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, and sprinkle with some garlic salt with parsley
- Put back in the oven uncovered for about 5 minutes till the cheese has melted and browned a bit
- Serve up and enjoy!!!