This Pumpkin Spice Bars Recipe is a long-time family favorite!! I know pumpkin is supposed to be a fall treat, but these Pumpkin Spice bars are a treat we love year-round in my house. My mom started making these when I was in college for Thanksgiving, and it has become my daughter Kylie’s favorite dessert.
(I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
This is one dessert that always disappears the fastest at any get-together. My mom thinks it is weird but the girls love to put candied pumpkins on theirs. The homemade frosting really makes the recipe. And let’s say it makes a great breakfast the next day!
Easy Pumpkin Spice Bar Recipe Ingredients:
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Ground Cinnamon
- Canned Pumpkin– Fresh pumpkin puree will cook differently than canned pumpkin puree.
- White Sugar
- Vegetable Oil
- Optional: Chopped Pecans
Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe Ingredients:
- Cream Cheese– This needs to be softened, I pull mine out of the fridge before making the bar part so it can soften up.
- Butter-This needs to be softened, I pull mine out of the fridge before making the bar part so it can soften up.
- Powdered Sugar
- Pecan Halves-These are optional for decoration on top of the pumpkin bars
- Candied Pumpkins–These are optional for decoration on top of the pumpkin bars
How To Make Pumpkin Spice Bars Recipe:
My mom sent directions for mixing things separately, but I just put all the bar recipe ingredients into my Kitchen-Aid mixer starting with the wet ingredients, and let it mix.
In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the dry ingredients; flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt then set aside.
Next, in a large mixing bowl, beat together eggs, canned pumpkin, sugar, and oil with an electric mixer at medium speed.
Add the flour mixture; allow the mixer to run until well combined.
*If you add in pecans, this is where you add them into the batter.
Spread the batter into an ungreased 15x10x1 inch baking pan.
Bake in a 350-degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool completely in the pan.
How To Make Cream Cheese Frosting:
In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until fluffy. This is best done using a hand-held electric mixer.
Gradually add in powdered sugar, beating until smooth. I do this half a cup at a time so avoid the confectioners’ sugar from going every where
When the pumpkin bars are cooled, top them with the cream cheese frosting
Optional: Sprinkle with chopped pecans or top with candied pumpkins and candy corn. We allow the kids to top their own, they often make fun designs.
How To Store Easy Pumpkin Bar Recipe
These pumpkin spice bars with cream cheese frosting must be stored in the fridge. Cover the pan with a lid and store for 3-5 days.
Pumpkin recipes to make
We love to cook with pumpkins, and even make pumpkin dog treats!! Check out all my pumpkin recipes!!
- Homemade Pumpkin Bread-Love everything, pumpkin spice?? This Homemade Pumpkin bread is the perfect way to bring in cooler weather or dream of fall and everything baking!!! Easy frugal bread to make and freeze!
- 2 Ingredients Pumpkin Spice Muffins-These Pumpkin Spice Weight Watchers 2 Weight Watchers points with only three ingredients! They are the perfect pumpkin fall treat the whole family will love!
- 2 Ingredient Pumpkin Brownie-These 2 Ingredient Pumpkin Brownies are quick and easy; low Weight Watchers points dessert! They are fudge-like in their consistency!
Pumpkin Spice Bars
Pumpkin Spice Bar Ingredients
- You can add everything right into the mix or mix seperatly and then combine it all.
- In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt then set aside.
- Next in a large mixing bowl beat together eggs. pumpkin, sugar, and oil with an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Add the flour mixture; beat until well combined.
- Spread the batter into an ungreased 15x10x1 inch baking pan.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely in pan.
- Cut into squares. Store, covered in fridge for up to 3 days. Makes 24 bars.
How To Make Cream Cheese Frosting:
- In a medium mixing bowl beat together cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until fluffy.
- Gradually add in powdered sugar, beating until smooth
- Frost pumpkin bars when cooled.
- If desired, top with pecan halves or pumpkin candies my kids loved them!
- Cut into squares.
- Store, covered in the fridge for up to 3 days. Makes 24 bars.