This Easy Egg Roll In Bowl Recipe AKA Crack Slaw is one of our favorite dinners to make! We all love egg rolls but the carbs in the registration are not always my friend and the frying adds a lot of grease to it as well which while tasty isn’t the best for you. I love how easy this is to make and throw together, and that my kids all will eat it as well.
(I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
Now when I described this to my girlfriend she went “OMG no that’s called Crack Slaw” now I had never heard it called that till she said it, but she also said it’s keto-friendly as well since there are no carbs to it as well.
Egg Roll In A Bowl Recipe AKA Crack Slaw Ingredients:
Now, this is a double batch so we would have leftovers! (it saves me a night of cooking and the taste is great on day two as well!)
- Ground Pork Sausage
- Ready-mix Dry Coleslaw
- Red Onion
- Minced Garlic
- Sesame Oil– Remember a little goes a long way with this oil.
- Rice Vinegar
- Ground Ginger– This will add a bit of a kick, so I add the powder to mine when I serve up. You can do a paste or the powder; I use the powder the most because I don’t use the paste-up fast enough.
How To Make Egg Roll In A Bowl Recipe AKA Crack Slaw:
In a stock pot brown the sausage until it is done, you can also mix in the red onion to cook at this time as well. I use a meat chopper, for this part it works great.
Once your sausage has cooked all the way through add in the coleslaw kits, rice vinegar, minced garlic, salt, pepper, and sesame oil.
Stir together well and allow to cook covered on high for about 5 minutes; you can cook a bit longer to make the cabbage softer.
Stir in your soy sauce and cover.
Allow to simmer for about 5 to 10 minutes, this allows the cabbage to steam.
Chop up a green onion for garnish and serve!!!
How to store eggroll in a bowl
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. This is a dish that will not freeze well due to the cabbage in it.
ALTERNATE INGREDIENTS FOR EGGROLL IN A BOWL
- Ground Chicken
- Chicken Chunks
- Ground Beef
- Ground Turkey
- Green Onions
- Hoisin Sauce
- Bean Sprouts
IDEAS OF WHAT TO SERVE WITH EGGROLL IN A BOWL
Egg Roll In A Bowl Recipe AKA Crack Slaw
- In a pan brown the sausage until it is done. I chop in red onion with it to add to the flavor of the dish.
- Once your sausage has cooked all the way through in a stock pot place in your cooked ground sausage.
- Next on top of your sausage put in the coleslaw kits, rice vinegar, minced garlic, salt, pepper, and sesame oil.
- Stir together well and allow to cook covered on high for about 5 minutes, you can cook a bit longer to make the cabbage softer.
- Stir in your soy sauce and cover. Allow to simmer for about 5 to 10 minutes, this allows the cabbage to steam.
- Chop up a green onion for garnish and serve!!!