This Tater Tot Casserole Recipe is one of those meals to make for dinner. This is also my backup emergency dinner, but also a family favorite. It is so easy to put together, and everyone loves it. This casserole is so easy to assemble that teenagers can do it themselves! Even teenage boys and picky eaters will love the simple ingredients in this easy tater tot casserole recipe.
(I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
Easy weeknight dinners are a must! Easy dinners are a must with sports practice and homework at night is essential, especially ones even picky eaters will eat. An easy casserole recipe is perfect for fall and winter and easy to throw into the oven.
Take a lot of prep work out of weeknight dinners and precook and freeze your cooked ground beef! Pull and defrost the ground beef to put in recipes like this for an easy weeknight dinner! (If you aren’t sure how to best do this, check out Freezing Cooked Ground Beef)
Tater Tot Casserole Recipe Ingredients:
- Cheddar Cheese
- Cream of Chicken Soup– Any cream of soup can be used in this recipe. My kids prefer cream of chicken over cream of mushroom, but either version work in this recipe.
- Ground Beef– The ground beef will need to be cooked and drained of grease to be put in the casserole.
How To Make Tater Tot Casserole:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Spray a 9X13 pan with nonstick spray, stopping the cheese from sticking.
Cook your ground beef and drain off any grease.
Spread your ground beef into the bottom of a 9X13 pan.
In a bowl, mix together the can of milk and two cans of cream soup. You can add a bit of cheese to this mixture if you want to.
Spread the soup and milk mixture over your ground beef in the pan.
Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the soup ground beef mixture.
Top with frozen tater tots and spread with more cheese if you would like.
Cook time is about 25-40 minutes but watch for Tater Tots on the Tater Tot Casserole to be cooked thoughly.
What To Serve With Tater Tot Casserole
- Oven Roasted Baby Potatoes
- Oven Roasted Acorn Squash
- Loaded Mashed Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Loaded Beans
- Garlic Pull-Apart Bread
How To Store Leftover Tater Tot Casserole
Store leftover tot casserole in the fridge in an airtight container for three to five days. When reheating, you can add more cheese as well. This casserole dish is just as good the next day.
If not in an air-tight container, store leftovers in the baking dish with plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
Can You Freeze Leftover Tater Tot Casserole?
You can make a double batch and freeze half of it to cook later. This classic comfort food leftovers can also be frozen and reheated later on.
Other Optional Ingredients For Tater Tot Casserole:
- Ground Chicken
- Ground Turkey
- Green Beans
- Sour Cream
- Broccoli– will need to be cooked and soft, not fresh and uncooked.
- Cauliflower Tater Tots
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Black Pepper
- Bell Pepper
- Mixed Vegetables– These will need to be cooked and soft.
- Splash of Worceshthire sauce
What To Serve With quick Tater Tot Casserole
Now I love quick tater tot casserole; it’s so fat to layer together and serve up for dinner! It goes with almost anything!
Side Dishes: Air Fryer Bacon Asparagus, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Oven Roasted Baby Potatoes, Air Fryer Brussell Sprouts, Green Beans, Ceasar Salad, Acorn Squash, Green Salad, Baked Sweet Potatoes, Steamed Broccoli, Grilled Zucchini, Grilled Corn On The Cob, Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
Other Casserole Recipes To Check Out:
- Tater Tot Casserole Recipes
- Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- Chicken Stove Top Casserole
- Cheesy Ham Noodle Casserole
Tater Tot Casserole Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9X13 pan with nonstick spray, this will stop the cheese from sticking on the pan.
- Cook your ground beef and drain off any grease.
- Spread your ground beef into the bottom of a 9X13 pan.
- In a bowl mix together the can of milk and two cans of cream of soup. You can add a bit of cheese to this mixture if you want to.
- Spread the soup and milk mixture over your ground beef in the pan.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the soup mixture.
- Top with frozen tater tots and spread with more cheese if you would like.
- Cook time is about 25-40 minutes but watch for Tater Tots on the Tater Tot Casserole to be cooked fully.