These Crockpot Meatball Subs are perfect for making for tailgating! My kids have been obsessed with meatballs lately! These subs work out to be an easy weeknight dinner as well. Not only that but they are a set it and forget it meal!
(I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
I don’t know about your house, but my house has been all about football since the season started! Since football is back, we are back to tailgating at home and trying out new recipes. While Bella can’t pick a team to cheer for, she loves me to help whip up the food for the games!
Crockpot Meatball Sub Ingredients:
- Frozen Meatballs– My kids love mini meatballs for recipes like this, and they are easy to put into on the hoagie rolls.
- Spaghetti Sauce
- Garlic Salt
- Hoagie Buns
- Mozzarella cheese
How To Make Crockpot Meatball Subs:
Place frozen meatballs in the bottom of the crockpot.
Cover the meatballs with your pasta sauce and your seasonings to your taste.
Mix the meatballs with the sauce as best you can. (It won’t mix well because of the balls being frozen.
Cook on low in the crockpot for 4 to 6 hours.
You can stir these often to ensure the seasonings and sauce mix well.
Scoop meatballs and sauce onto hoagie buns and top with cheese.
We used mozzarella cheese on our subs and served them with tater tots and potato chips.
What are your favorite crockpot tailgate recipes?
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVER Meatball Subs
Store in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to five days. You can freeze this in the freezer for up to six months in an air-tight container.
Storing leftovers properly requires the right tools! My preferred storage method is if the leftovers can be sealed in a food saver. If not, then an air-tight container or Ziploc bag for the fridge is the way I go. The air-tight container and a freezer Ziploc bag are the next best bet for freezing the leftovers. I also use a food scale to often measure portions into serving sizes.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH Meatball Subs
Any side will go with these, but these are some of my favorite dishes with bbq chicken sliders.
- Tater Tots
- Crockpot Loaded Baked Beans
- French Fries
- Potato Salad
- Sweet Potato Fries
- Macaroni And Cheese
- Garlic Bread
- Grilled Corn on the Cob
As I’ve said, I love my crockpot! I use it all the time for dinners, soups, and tailgating! You can check out my collection of recipes -> here! Trust me; you need to try the beans!
Crockpot Meatball Subs
- Spray your crockpot with a nonstick spray. I used an 8-quart crockpot to make this in, I tend to make a bigger batch to make sure we end up with leftovers for an easy dinner.
- Place frozen meatballs in the bottom of crockpot.
- Cover the meatballs with your pasta sauce and your seasonings to your taste. Mix together the meatballs with the sauce as best you can. (It won't mix well because of the balls being frozen. s.
- Cook on low in the crockpot for 4 to 6 hours.
- You can stir these often to make sure the seasonings and sauce mix well.
- Scoop meatballs and sauce onto hoagie buns and top with cheese. We used mozzarella cheese on our subs and served them with tater tots and potato chip