Ground beef vegetable soup crock pot recipe is so easy to make for dinner! Cooler months call for soup, and easy is the way this mom likes to prepare dinner! The leftovers of this soup are perfect for quick lunches the next day as well.
(I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
Now with fall, that means crazy schedules with soccer practice, kids’ homework, after-school events, and all the work schedules. Quick and easy dinners are a must for me, my crockpot is my go-to for dinners for either meal prep or cooking in bulk. Vegetable soup with ground beef was one that I knew would be easy, and my picky eaters would eat the parts of it they wanted and still get a good dinner in.
Take a lot of prep work out of weeknight dinners and precook and freeze your cooked ground beef! Pull and defrost the ground beef to put in recipes like this for an easy weeknight dinner! (If you aren’t sure how to best do this, check out Freezing Cooked Ground Beef)
Vegetable And Ground Beef Soup Crockpot Ingredients:
- Ground Beef– The pound of ground beef must be fully cooked and drained of grease before starting the recipe.
- Frozen Mixed Vegetables– Mix frozen corn or green beans, any vegetable variety combination if your kids are pickier.
- Beef Broth
- Onion– You can also use onion powder if your kids won’t eat onions or chop them larger for kids to pick out.
- Celery – You can omit this or cut the celery larger for kids to pick out if they don’t eat celery.
- Sliced Potatoes
- Tomato Paste
- Montreal Steak Seasoning
How To Make crockpot vegetable beef soup with frozen vegetables
Start out by cooking your ground beef if you need to and drain to remove the grease.
Spray your crockpot with a nonstick spray or put it in a crockpot liner bag. (If you didn’t know the liners are a thing for easy cleaning up grab some -> here on Amazon) (I also used an 8 Quart Crockpot to make mine in like this one -> here)
Chop up your celery and your onion. I didn’t put much in of these because they are not my kid’s favorite, but they do add some flavor to the soup!
Add all the other ingredients to your crockpot pot.
Stir everything well and turn your crockpot on low.
Allow the soup to cook for about 5 hours.
Serve and enjoy!
How To Store crock pot vegetable soup
After cooling store in an airtight container in the fridge for four to five days. The fat from the meat may make a weird layer on the soup in the fridge. Reheat in the microwave or a small pot on the stove.
Must-Try Ground Beef Soup Recipes
- Hamburger Soup–Make, this on the stove for a quick soup, plus the pasta noodles, can be changed to help younger kids want to eat. This recipe is mostly pantry items, so easy to throw together last minute!
- Crock Pot Hamburger Stew– This is a stew that will be a kid’s favorite! Use ground beef so the kids have no issue with the meat and it’s very frugal as well!
- Easy Crock Pot Beef Chili– Easy to make and add bacon for extra flavor!! Make a large batch to freeze the leftovers or lunch the next day!
Crockpot Recipes To Check Out
Crockpots are versatile and perfect for making meals without much work or effort. I use mine constantly! Below are some of my favorite collections of recipes I’ve made in my kitchen. Slow Cooker recipes are an easy way to get dinner on the table.
- Chicken Crockpot Recipes
- Crockpot Soup Recipes
- Weeknight Dinner Recipes
- Ground Beef Crockpot Dinners
- Crockpot Cinnamon Rolls
Crock POt Vegetable And Ground Beef Soup Recipe
- Start out by cooking your ground beef if you need to and drain to remove the grease.
- Spray your crockpot with a nonstick spray or put it in a crockpot liner bag.
- Chop up your celery and your onion.
- Add all the other ingredients to your crockpot pot.
- Stir everything well and turn your crockpot on low.
- Allow the soup to cook for about 5 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!