This easy Crockpot Sausage Potato Soup Recipe is perfect for a quick dinner. This time of year is the perfect time for everything to be made in the crockpot. For me, the fall and winter months are busy with kids’ school activities, soccer, gymnastics, and then my work as well, the crockpot is a dinner saver.
(I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
I often find potatoes on markdown so it’s the perfect way to make a frugal dinner. We had some sausage frozen that we had made on vacation in Montana with our family to chop up into the soup. This soup is so easy to change up that you can almost make it different every time you make it by simply changing up spices. We have been making it since 2014 and it is still a family favorite!
Since we don’t always have family homemade sausage available we go for the next best thing, Southside BBQ Sausage to our door! Head on over -> here and use promo code TXBBQ10 to save 10% on your order. The kids fell in love with Tx BBQ in Austin a couple of years ago, so we have been hooked on this sausage!
Crockpot Sause Potato Soup Recipe Ingredients:
- Potato– Any potato will work, russets potatoes are what I have used most often in this recipe, but gold potatoes and red potatoes will work too.
- Onion– I have used white onion, red onion, and yellow onion, and they have all turned out great. You can also use onion powder or minced garlic as well.
- Chicken Bouillon Base
- Parsley Leaves
- Sausage– Any rope sausage will work for this recipe, I really like Southside Garlic Sausage in recipes like this.
- Shredded Cheese
- Optional Velveeta cheese
How To Make Crockpot Sausage Potato Soup:
You can use any size crockpot to make this in, I recommend a 6 Quart or 8 Quart Crockpot to make this in.
Peel and cube up potatoes for your soup, you can leave the peels but my kids prefer no peels.
Put in potato, onions, butter, bouillon (I use Better Than Bouillon Organic Chicken Base for ours), parsley, and water.
Cook on low at the 3-hour mark I put the sausage into the soup.
1/2 hour to an hour before serving add milk and flour mixture to the soup.
After the soup thickens it is ready to serve
Top with cheese and enjoy!!
Toppings For crockpot sausage potato soup
Crockpot Recipes To Check Out
Crockpots are versatile and perfect for making meals without much work or effort. I use mine constantly! Below are some of my favorite collections of recipes I’ve made in my kitchen. Slow Cooker recipes are an easy way to get dinner on the table.
- Chicken Crockpot Recipes
- Crockpot Soup Recipes
- Weeknight Dinner Recipes
- Ground Beef Crockpot Dinners
- Crockpot Cinnamon Rolls
Busy Weeknight Dinners Using Sausage:
- One-Pot Sausage Pasta Dinner
- Roasted Sausage Potato Sheet Pan
- Crockpot Sausage Potato Soup
- Cheesy Italian Sausage Pasta Bake
- Easy Sausage Rice Skillet Dinner
- Sausage Fried Rice
- Smoked Sausage Mac and Cheese
Crockpot Sausage Potato Soup
- Peel and cube up Potatoes
- Spray your Crockpot with non-stick spray
- Put in potato, onions, butter bouillon (I use Better Than Bouillon Organic Chicken Base for ours), parsley, and water.
- Cook on low at the 3-hour mark I put in the sausage in the soup.
- 1/2- to an hour before serving and milk and flour mixture.
- After the soup thickens it is ready to serve
- Top with your soup toppings and enjoy!!