Banana Bread has always intimidated me; it’s one of those foods that seems harder to make than is. My kids over the years had depended on my mother to provide them with this treat!! However once I started to make it we no longer need grandma, and we also love to give this as a gift to our neighbors as well.
(I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
I was so surprised by how easy the banana bread was to make and it was edible!! I prefer to make this in my Pyrex Loaf Pan with handles, so easy to pull in and out of the oven. You can easily allow a Kitchen Aid mixer to do all the work for mixing this bread.
Best Banana Bread Ingredients
- All-Purpose Flour
- White Sugar
- Baking Soda
- Very Ripe Bananas
- Plain Yogurt– I have also used vanilla yogurt before, and either regular yogurt or greek yogurt works in this recipe.
- Butter-This will need to be melted and cooled a bit before being added to the batter for the banana bread.
- Vanilla Extract
How To Make Banana Bread :
Start with melting butter and allow it to cool down before mixing ingredients.
Adjust your oven rack to the middle position and preheat your heat oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease your bread pans and set them aside, or line your muffin pan with liners.
Peel and mash your bananas, I peel mine and chop off the ends. I then drop them in my mixer and let it mash them for me, you can mash them on a plate if you prefer.
Add in next the yogurt, eggs, vanilla, and the cooled-off melted butter.
Whisk flour, sugar, and salt in large a bowl to combine separately then add to the banana mixture. Or add everything to the mixer one at a time, I’ve done both ways with no difference
Use a spatula to scrape the banana bread batter into the prepared loaf pan.
Bake for about 45 minutes or until the loaf is golden brown.
Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick to see if it comes out clean.
Cool in pan for 15 minutes and then transfer to wire baking rack.
*If making muffins bake them for about 15 minutes and check them*
Optional Add-Ins For A Banana Bread Recipe:
- 1 Cup Walnuts
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 Cup Nutella
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
How To Store Leftover Banana Bread
I keep mine in a Gallon Ziploc and store it this way for up to five days. It typically does not last this long in my house.
Freeze in a freezer gallon Ziploc bag and store for up to three months in the freeze.
Loaf Bread Recipes:
Baking bread is so easy to make, and it makes for a tasty gift to give as well. Making loaf bread is a great way to get kids started in the kitchen as well.
- Amish Friendship Bread– Just like the old school Amish bread that had the starter bag but no need to feed a dough.
- Best Banana Bread– Easy to make using ripe banana, the yogurt makes for amazing bread consistency.
- Zucchini Bread– Use shredded zucchini to make this tasty loaf bread, a great way to use summer vegetables.
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread– A tasty twist on banana bread and a kid’s favorite.
- Homemade Pumpkin Bread-Perfect fall bread to make using canned pumpkin.
The Best Banana Bread Ever and its Easy!
- Start with melting butter and allow it to start to cool down before mixing ingredients.
- Adjust your oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease your bread pans and set them aside, or line your muffin pan with liners.
- Peel and mash your bananas, I peel mine and chop off the ends. I then drop them in my mixer and let it mash them for me.
- Add in next the yogurt, eggs, vanilla and the cooled off melted butter.
- Whisk flour, sugar, and salt in large a bowl to combine seperately then add to the banana mixture. Or add everything to mixer one at a time.
- Mix until well combined the batter will be lumpy and thick.
- Scrape batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until loaf is golden brown.
- Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick to see if it comes out clean
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes and then transfer to wire rack.
- *If making muffins bake them for about 15 minutes and check them*