This Crockpot Lasagna Soup Recipe is perfect for those weeknights when life is crazy but you don’t have time to make a complete meal last minute. Lasagna is almost always a family favorite, but the process to make and cook it can be long! This soup makes for an easy weeknight dinner, and is amazing cheesy comfort food!
(I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
This easy lasagna soup is perfect for those crazy weeknight dinners! Lasagna soup in crockpot is easy to throw together and will cook slowly throughout the day. Similar to pioneer woman crockpot lasagna soup, which you know means comfort food and easy!
Take a lot of prep work out of weeknight dinners and precook and freeze your cooked ground beef! Pull and defrost the ground beef to put in recipes like this for an easy weeknight dinner! (If you aren’t sure how to best do this, check out Freezing Cooked Ground Beef)
Crockpot Lasagna Soup Ingredients:
- Ground Beef– The pound of ground beef will need to be fully cooked and drained of grease before starting the recipe.
- Lasagna Noodles
- Onion– Minced onion or onion powder in place of fresh onion, I used a red onion for this.
- Red Bell Pepper– Orange bell pepper or Yellow bell pepper can be used in a pinch, but red will have the best flavor.
- Diced Tomatoes– Fresh diced tomatoes can be substituted for a can of diced, just keep the juices.
- Crushed Tomatoes
- Beef Broth-Beef Boulioun with hot water will work if you don’t have canned beef broth.
- Spaghetti Sauce– Any flavor of spaghetti sauce will work, chunky spaghetti sauce will add more vegetables to the soup as well.
- Ricotta Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
- Italian Seasoning
how to make lasagna soup in crock pot
Start by cooking the ground beef if and drain to remove the grease. Or if the ground beef is prepped beforehand, defrost it and put it into the crockpot.
Next, spray the crockpot with a nonstick spray or put it in a crockpot liner bag.
Chop up the onion and dice the pepper. If there are picky kids leave the chunks bigger so it is not served to kids or kids can pick around.
Now, start by spreading the ground beef out in the crockpot.
Next, spread out the chopped onion and pepper onto the top of the ground beef in the crockpot.
Open the cans of tomatoes and use a spatula to drop the entire can contents into the crockpot, you will want the juices from the cans in as well.
Next, pour in the beef broth and the half jar of spaghetti sauce. If needed add more broth and sauce to make everything soupier or thinner.
Add in the amount of seasoning want, and do this as heavy or light as you want.
*The Lasagna noodles and the cheeses are added in later on*
Mix everything that is in the crockpot and turn the crockpot on low.
Allow to cook for about four hours; sir it every so often or allow the crockpot to cook as-is.
About the four-hour mark break, the lasagna noodles were in a ziplock bag.
Stir your crockpot and drop in your broken noodles lasagna and turn your crockpot to high.
*If you need to, you can add more broth or spaghetti sauce at this point if you think you had to broth much to evaporate or cook off.*
Allow everything to cook for about 30 to 45 minutes until your noodles are fully cooked. Be sure to stir occasionally to make sure the noodles cook.
Serve in a bowl and top with a dollop of Ricotta Cheese, sprinkle with Mozzarella, and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Allow to sit for a couple of minutes to steam and melt the cheese.
Stir and enjoy!!
How To Store crockpot lasagna soup with spaghetti sauce
Store the leftover lasagna crockpot soup in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three to four days. This soup may not freeze well due to the pasta noodles cooked in the crockpot.
Other Ingredients To Use In Crockpot Lasagna Soup:
- Bay Leaves
- Provolone Cheese
- Chicken Broth In Place Of Beef Broth
- Garlic Broth In Place Of Beef Broth
- Shell Pasta
- Ground Sausage
What To Serve With lasagna soup crock pot:
Comfort food always goes alongside amazing desserts and side dishes! Personally, I love to dip garlic bread into this soup.
Side Dishes For Lasagna Soup: Vegetable Stir Fry, Air fryer Asparagus, Grilled Corn on the Cob, White Rice, Oven Roasted Asparagus, Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts, Oven Roasted Potatoes, Oven Roasted Acorn Squash, Loaded Mashed Potatoes, Crockpot Quinoa
Crockpot Recipes To Check Out
Crockpots are versatile and perfect for making meals without much work or effort. I use mine constantly! Below are some of my favorite collections of recipes I’ve made in my kitchen. Slow Cooker recipes are an easy way to get dinner on the table.
- Chicken Crockpot Recipes
- Crockpot Soup Recipes
- Weeknight Dinner Recipes
- Ground Beef Crockpot Dinners
- Crockpot Cinnamon Rolls
Easy Crock Pot Lasagna Soup
- Start by cooking your ground beef if you need to and drain to remove the grease.
- Next, spray your crockpot with a nonstick spray or put it in a crockpot liner bag.
- Chop up your onion and dice your pepper. If picky kids chop the vegetables large for easy picking out.
- Now, start by spreading your ground beef out in your crockpot.
- Next, spread out your chopped onion and peppers on top of the layer of ground beef in your crockpot.
- Open both cans of tomatoes and use a spatula to drop the entire can contents into the crockpot, you will want the juices from the cans in as well.
- Next, pour in your beef broth and the half jar of spaghetti sauce. You can add more broth and sauce to make everything more soupier or thinner.
- Add in the amount of seasoning you want, you can do this as heavy or light as you want.
- Mix everything that is in the crockpot but noodles and cheese together.
- Turn the crockpot on low.
- Allow to cook for about four hours; you can stir it every so often or allow the crockpot to cook as-is.
- About the four-hour mark break, the lasagna noodles in a ziplock bag. I let one of the kids do this with a meat tenderizer.
- Stir your crockpot and drop in your broken noodles lasagna and turn your crockpot to high.
- *If you need to, you can add more broth or spaghetti sauce at this point if you think you had to broth much to evaporate or cook off.*
- Allow everything to cook for about 30 to 45 minutes until your noodles are fully cooked. Be sure to stir occasionally to make sure the noodles cook.
- Serve into a bowl and top with a dollop of Ricotta Cheese, sprinkle with Mozzarella, and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Allow to sit for a couple of minutes to steam and melt the cheese.
- Stir and enjoy!!