This Pumpkin Bundt Cake is right up my daughter’s alley!! She is obsessed with everything pumpkin during the fall time of year. Now the first time it didn’t seem like cake without frosting but more like an amazing bread.
This post was first published in 2014 and republished in 2023
(I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
Now probably not much of a surprise that Kylie is obsessed with pumpkins, right?? Now I love easy recipes, so the fact I could dump this all in my mixer made my day!! Since she has Pinterest on the phone now, I am constantly being sent Mom, can we try this for different pumpkin recipes?
Pumpkin Cookbook: Pancakes, Pies, Pasta Fall Favorite Seasonal RecipesThe Pumpkin Cookbook, 2nd Edition: 139 Recipes Celebrating the Versatility of Pumpkin and Other Winter SquashCooking with Pumpkin: Recipes That Go Beyond the Pie
Pumpkin Bundt Cake Recipe Ingredients:
- White Sugar
- Vegetable Oil
- Canned Pumpkin– Fresh pumpkin puree will cook differently than canned pumpkin puree.
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Ground Cloves
- Ground Cinnamon
- Baking Soda
Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake Directions
Preheat your oven to 350
** Once again I throw everything in my Kitchen Aid starting at the top and working my way down. My neighbor has these directions from her recipe but I am too lazy to follow the steps. **
In a large mixing bowl, sift flour and combine with the dry ingredients
Cream oil and sugar in a separate large mixing bowl
Whip the eggs with oil and sugar, then mix in the canned pumpkin.
Add the flour and dry ingredients into the large mixing bowl with the wet ingredients
Pour into greased Bundt pan
Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or so until done; use a toothpick or long skewer to test the cake is baked.
Coo in the bundt pan, and then use a spatula to loosen the sides o the cake.
Flip the pan to get the cake out. I use a spatula to loosen mine up more. Losing a small piece of the cake to the pan is normal, even with greasing the bundt pan.
Serve with cool whip or cream cheese frosting. Trust me the cream cheese frosting makes for a perfect pumpkin cream cheese bundt cake
Add Ins For pumpkin bundt cake with glaze
- Chocolate Chips– come on, pumpkin chocolate chip bundt cake sounds fantastic, right?
- Chopped Pecans– Pumpkin pecan bundt cake, sounds like the perfect fall-baked treat, right? I mean, can you beat a Pumpkin Pecan Bundt Cake?
- Dried Cranberries
- Pumpkin Seeds
Pumpkin Cake Pans
The cooking time of the pumpkin spice cake will vary, so be sure to keep an eye on it as it bakes and test it with a toothpick or long skewer to verify it has baked completely.
Pumpkin recipes to make
We love to cook with pumpkins, and even make pumpkin dog treats!! Check out all my pumpkin recipes!!
- Homemade Pumpkin Bread-Love everything, pumpkin spice?? This Homemade Pumpkin bread is the perfect way to bring in cooler weather or dream of fall and everything baking!!! Easy frugal bread to make and freeze!
- 2 Ingredients Pumpkin Spice Muffins-These Pumpkin Spice Weight Watchers 2 Weight Watchers points with only three ingredients! They are the perfect pumpkin fall treat the whole family will love!
- 2 Ingredient Pumpkin Brownie-These 2 Ingredient Pumpkin Brownies are quick and easy; low Weight Watchers points dessert! They are fudge-like in their consistency!
Homemade Pumpkin Bundt Cake
- Preheat your oven to 350
- In a separate bowl sift flour and the dry ingredients
- Cream oil and sugar in a large mixing bowl
- Whip in eggs with oil and sugar then mix in pumpkin.
- Add Flour and spice mix to wet ingredients
- Pour into ungreased Bundt pan (I did grease mine cause I was nervous it would stick even though it says not to)
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or so till done
- Cool on top of pumpkin can and then use a spatula to loosen the sides o the cake. Flip pan to get the cake out.
- Cut in half and wrap in foil
- Serve with cool whip and it truly tastes better on the second day