This Crockpot Brisket Stew Recipe is the perfect way to use leftover beef brisket! Brisket slow-smoked is what I used for the brisket part of my stew, I love the extra flavor that the smoked meat adds to the stew.
(I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
Now the last time we had leftover smoked brisket I made Slow Cooker Beef Brisket Chili (see it ->here) so stew was the next logical option, right? Now my kids preferred the stew to the chili, I think because the bread bowls were served. I loved that the seasonings from the brisket added more flavor to the stew as well.
Now, this can be made in any size crockpot. I used my 8 Quart crockpot to make this, as I wanted leftovers and we had friends over that night. If you aren’t sure what size crockpot to buy check out my Size Buying Guide for Crockpots.
Crockpot Brisket Stew Recipe Ingredients:
- Brisket– I used leftover Smoked Brisket, adding in the fat chunks from the smoked brisket to “cook” in the stew to add flavor. You can scope those out when done cooking.
- Onion– These will be diced up, you can use onion powder or minced onion as well on this.
- Minced Garlic– Fresh garlic can be substituted in place of minced garlic if you prefer the fresh.
- Beer– I used Corona Beer, I have also used Pacifico in this recipe as well. Any beer will work.
- Beef Broth– I used Better Than Boullion Beef to make my broth, but canned beef broth works as well.
- Tomato Paste
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Smoked Paprika– Regular paprika works as well, this is what I had on hand.
- Potatoes– I used russet potatoes this time but any potato, gold potato or red potato, works in this recipe.
- Baby Carrots
- Bread Bowls– Homemade or store-bought this stew is amazing in bread bowls. I have gotten mine at Safeway before for a great price.
How To Make Crockpot Brisket Stew:
Slice your leftover beef brisket into small cuts of meat. (If you need a Beef Brisket recipe I recommend this one -> here with a brown sugar rub!)
Dice and slice your veggies, you could leave the peels on the potatoes but my kids prefer peeled potatoes.
Put all your ingredients in your crockpot. I added my Corona Beer with the broth last into the crockpot.
Stir your crockpot and allow to cook on low for about 4 hours until the veggies are tender and cooked fully.
I served ours in a bread bowl!!
What is your favorite way to use up leftover brisket?
How To Store Leftover Brisket Stew
Store in an air-tight container for three to five days in the fridge. If you are freezing your leftover stew freeze it in an air-tight container for up to ninety days.
How To Reheat Lefotver Brisket Stew
If you need to thaw frozen leftover beef stew in the fridge. Once thawed microwave or heat on the stove until at a safe temperature.
Crockpot Recipes To Check Out
Crockpots are versatile and perfect for making meals without much work or effort. I use mine constantly! Below are some of my favorite collections of recipes I’ve made in my kitchen. Slow Cooker recipes are an easy way to get dinner on the table.
- Chicken Crockpot Recipes
- Crockpot Soup Recipes
- Weeknight Dinner Recipes
- Ground Beef Crockpot Dinners
- Crockpot Cinnamon Rolls
Crockpot Brisket Stew Recipe
- Spray your crockpot with a nonstick spray.
- Slice your beef brisket into small cuts of meat.
- Dice and slice your veggies, you could leave the peels on the potatoes but my kids prefer peeled potatoes.
- Put all your ingredients in your crockpot.
- Stir your crock pot and allow to cook on low for about 4 hours until the veggies are tender and cooked fully.