What to serve with Chicken Pot Pie?? Seems like it would be easy, but typically, easy entrees can make you feel like the side dish is can be impossible to think of! If you are a fall love almost any fall vegetable roasted with be perfect to go with this! (I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
Pot Pie is one of the ultimate comfort foods for fall or winter. You can use store-bought pie crusts to save time on making the pot pies at home, or you can make the pie crust. I struggle with making pie crusts so I use store-bought pie crusts to save time and to always get a perfectly flaky crust!
A chicken pot pie meal is one of those meals that scream fall is here when it’s on the dinner table. With such a filling dish for the main dish, it can be hard to feel think of what to serve with it! (If you need a chicken pot pie recipe check out my homemade chicken pot pie!)
What To Serve With Chicken Pot Pie:
These are my best easy side dish options to choose from to serve with chicken pot pie. Simple ingredients really can turn into the best side dishes for any meal, and these are all a family favorite in my house.
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus– You can make this in the air fryer or inside the oven alongside the pot pie. Asparagus is one of those side dishes that can go with almost anything, and bacon takes it to the next level.
- Cowboy Caviar– This cold side dish is easy to make the night before and is light to serve with pot pie.
- Cornbread-Easy to throw in alongside the pot pie to cook and is also perfect for mixing in with the chicken pot pie filling.
- Fresh Fruit Salad– Use seasonal fruit to pair up perfectly with a light side dish or dessert.
- Loaded Mashed Potatoes– Easy to make on the stove, the bacon, cream cheese, and cheese add amazing flavors to mashed potatoes. They don’t even require a savory gravy to go with it, they are perfect as is.
- Garlic Bread– I have two variations that I love Cheesy Pull Apart Garlic Bread and Pull Apart Parmesan Bites which are amazing with almost any entree. Even better to go with the creamy sauce of pot pies.
- Potato Salad– I love finding new times to serve up classic summer dishes, serving a potato salad with such a fall dish combines both worlds in an amazing way! You can do classic potato salad or even a german potato salad as well, though loaded potato salad is my family’s favorite!
- Green Bean Casserole– This easy recipe gets overlooked except for the holidays! We make this year round due to low prep work and that it’s tasty!
Easy Vegetables To Serve With Pot Pie:
Sometimes a simple side dish can be really easy to make as a complete meal with the main course. The best part is less prep work and often the vegetables can roast in the oven alongside the pot pie.
- Oven Roasted Potatoes-Baby potatoes are perfect to slice and season, and they roast perfectly alongside any traditional pot pie.
- Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts-Drizzle the Brussel Sprouts with olive oil and sprinkle with some salt and peppers before oven roasting!
- Green Beans-Bacon and green beans are my kid’s favorites, bacon can make any vegetables better.
- Oven Roasted Acorn Squash– Use brown sugar, maple syrup, and butter to make this great side dish! You can also sprinkle with some cinnamon if you want to.
- Baked Sweet Potatoes In Air Fryer-Use your air fryer to make baked sweet potatoes, these are a tasty twist on a baked potato! You can top with sour cream, or even sweet toppings like marshmallows, cinnamon, and brown sugar.
Different Ways To Make Pot Pie:
- Homemade Chicken Pot Pie Recipe– This is what started my obsession with a classic chicken pot pie. I always loved getting this at the restaurants but was scared to make it at home! However, using store-bought crusts always got me a flaky pie crust and little prep work!
- Ham Pot Pie-Use leftover ham to make this amazing pot pie twist. Make like you would a creamy chicken pot pie but swap the chicken for diced ham.
- Smoked Chicken Pot Pie-Use leftover cooked chicken, rotisserie chicken, or smoked chicken, to make this chicken pot pie. Throwing it in the smoker adds an amazing flavor to the crust of the pot pie.
- Turkey Pot Pie– Made with leftover turkey meat from the holidays. The perfect day after Thanksgiving dinner meal to make, and it’s filling as well to make!
What is your classic comfort food for fall? What do you serve with chicken pot pie?