Cowboy caviar is one of those easy recipes to throw together, but if you ask my daughter Isabella she will say it’s a bean salad! Plus it’s low Weight Watchers points! As well as being full of protein as well.
Thank you to Bush Beans for sponsoring this Amazing Bean Salad Cowboy Caviar recipe and this post, this post contains Amazon affiliate links that will earn this site a small commission when used.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
Beans are one of those pantry essentials I never let my house run out of. Pinto, Garbanzo, and Black Beans are my most commonly used beans for recipes in my house, the perfect way to add some extra protein to the meal. Cowboy Caviar is the first cold dish I have made using beans, and we loved how it turned out! Plus, it is only 1 Weight Watchers Point per serving.
WHAT IS Weight Watchers?
When starting a new weight loss program or diet change, consult a doctor or physician about personal health concerns. It is a good idea to have blood sugar levels, blood pressure, and hormones checked at a physical before and during being on the WW program.
New to Weight Watchers?? Also known as WW, a weight loss program uses points assigned to food to track and lose weight. When you sign up, you take an assessment that will assign you a point value to eat daily and a weekly allowance. You can carry over 4 points from the day into your weekly budget, which is handy when you need more points.
I have been on Weight Watchers since 2011. They have had Points Plus Value, WW Smartpoints, Blue Plan, Green Plan, Purple Plan, WW Personal Points, and now Weight Watchers Points. The new Weight Watchers Simplified plan is the new program launched in November 2022, similar to previous plans like WW Smartpoints, with some color plans. ( You can see the Weight Watchers Zero Point Foods 2023 -> here)
No matter the WW plan, they work to help you learn healthy eating habits. I have hit lifetime goal weight several times but stopped operating the plan and tracking, so the weight does creep back on.
Right now, you can head on over -> here and sign up for WW for $10 a month for your first six months.
Amazing Bean Salad Cowboy Caviar Ingredients
- Black Beans
- Garbanzo Chick Peas
- Sweet Corn– I used canned corn for this, I find canned corn to be a bit firmer than cooked frozen corn.
- Tomatoes-I hate to cut tomatoes, so I used diced canned tomatoes to make this. Either will work in the recipe; just be sure to remove excess liquid.
- Red Onion
- Cilantro– Fresh or dried cilantro can be used for the recipe and also can be omitted if you are not a fan.
- Yellow Pepper
Bean Salad Cowboy Caviar Dressing Ingredients:
- Olive Oil
- Lime Juice
- Balsamic Vinegar– I don’t use this much, but it also goes into my Watermelon Salad and my Garlic Dipping Oil. It does blend well with the other ingredients in the dressing
- Chili Powder
How TO Make Bean Salad Cowboy Caviar:
Open your cans and place them in a strainer and then rinse with cold water. Allow the beans and corn to drip over the sink while you prep the veggies.
Cut up your onion, cilantro, pepper, and tomato if you choose fresh instead of canned. Save some of your cilantro off to the side for garnishment if serving at a get-together.
In a small bowl, mix together all your dressing ingredients.
In a larger bowl that can be covered, mix everything, including the dressing.
Mix well and then garnish with more cilantro.
Cover to store in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Serve with chips and crackers, or even eat it as is.
What To serve With Cowboy Caviar
Weight Watchers Points Breakdown for Cowboy Caviar
Be sure to recalculate your points whenever you make a recipe for the most accurate points for your plan. I love finding recipes like this that are low points to pair with my favorites or give me wiggle room in my day for other food.
Weight Watcher Collections To Checkout
Are you looking for Zero Point food ideas? Check out this list -> here of all the Zero Weight Watchers points food.
These are easy Weight Watchers recipes made in my kitchen; most are kid-approved. Click on the name to be taken to them.
- Weight Watchers Instant Pot Recipes
- Delicious Low Point Soups
- Dinners For The Family
- Best Weight Watchers Cereals
- Air Fryer Recipes
- Best Weight Watchers Tortillas
- Chicken Dinners
- Best Store-Bought Weight Watchers Salad Dressings
- Dessert Recipes
- Pumpkin Recipes
- Brownie Recipes
- Casserole Recipes
- Weight Watcher Muffins
- Breakfast Recipes
- Weight Watchers Pizzas
- Weight Watchers Grilling
Amazing Bean Salad Cowboy Caviar
- Open your cans and place them in a strainer and then rinse with cold water. Allow the beans and corn to drip over the sink while you prep the veggies.
- In a small bowl mix together all your dressing ingredients.
- In a larger bowl that can be covered start to mix in everything including the dressing.
- Mix well and cover to store in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve with chips, crackers, or even eat it as is.