This Classic Green Bean Casserole Recipe is a must-have at all our holiday dinners!! This past weekend we had a big turkey dinner, and this, of course, had to be made. I love how easy of a side dish this is, plus it is made from items I always have in my pantry as well!
First posted in 2020 and updated in 2023
(I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
This has always been one of my easy Thanksgiving side dishes, but I have been whipping it up for other holiday dinners! It has become a dish I partially assemble at home and finish when we get to other people’s houses. Plus, if you have a loved one as obsessed as my daughter with this dish, you can buy them gifts on Etsy, even those who hate it!
Classic Green Bean Casserole Ingredients:
- Green Beans
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Garlic Salt
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- French Onions Crispy Fried Onions
how to make green bean casserole
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Start by draining the juices from the cans of green beans. I did this in an over-the-sink strainer while mixing the other ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
Mix the Cream of Mushroom, milk, a splash of Worchestiure Sauce, garlic salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
Once the green beans are strained, mix them into the soup mixture.
Spray your baking pan with a non-stick spray.
If you are baking right away, mix in crispy onions.
Pour the mixture into the pan.
Now I had a gap in time of prepping and cooking, so I held off on mixing in the French Onions Crisps. I mixed them in the pan right before putting it in the oven.
Bake for 35 minutes and remove from oven.
Sprinkle on more Crispy onions and put back in the oven.
Bake for another five minutes and remove from the oven.
Serve and enjoy!
What do you put in your Green Bean Casserole?
How To Store Campbell’s green bean casserole Worcestershire
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. I use the Pyrex Dishes with the lids because they can be stored right in the container I cook them in.
To freeze the green bean casserole, move to an airtight container to hold the leftovers and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Storing leftovers properly requires the right tools! My preferred storage method is if the leftovers can be sealed in a food saver. If not, then an air-tight container or Ziploc bag for the fridge is the way I go. The air-tight container and a freezer Ziploc bag are the next best bet for freezing the leftovers. I also use a food scale to measure portions into serving sizes.
What To Serve With Original green bean casserole with Worcestershire Sauce
Side Dishes: Air Fryer Bacon Asparagus, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Oven Roasted Baby Potatoes, Air Fryer Brussell Sprouts, Green Beans, Ceasar Salad, Acorn Squash, Green Salad, Baked Sweet Potatoes, Steamed Broccoli, Grilled Zucchini, Grilled Corn On The Cob, Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
Classic Green Bean Casserole Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Start by draining the juices from the cans of green beans. I did this in an over the sink strainer while I started to mix the other ingredients.
- In a large bowl mix the Cream of Mushroom, milk, a splash of Worchestiure Sauce, garlic salt, and pepper.
- Once the green beans are strained mix them into the soup mixture.
- Spray your baking pan with a non-stick spray.
- If you are baking right away, mix in crispy onions. (2/3 cups for this step)
- Pour the mixture into the pan.
- Now I had a gap in time of prepping and cooking so I held off on mixing in the French Onions Crisps. I mixed them in the pan right before I put the pan in the oven
- Bake for 35 minutes and remove from oven.
- Sprinkle on more Crispy onions and put back in the oven. (2/3 cups)
- Bake for another five minutes and remove from oven.
- Serve and enjoy!