This Oven Roasted Garlic Potatoes Recipe is one of my kid’s favorite side dishes! I have to say that it can be hard to think outside the box of new side items that the kids will eat, and that isn’t a huge time consumer!! And potatoes are one of those foods they love.
(I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
One side dish I can never go wrong with the kids is potatoes; they are always a hit. While I realize this love may come from their love of fries, potatoes are a side dish I can make that the kids will eat!! We opted to try different potatoes using baby red potatoes; I got lucky at a local produce stand and found an overstock sale for $.99/lb.
Oven Roasted Garlic Potatoes Ingredients:
- Baby Red Potatoes– Any version of baby potatoes will work in this recipe; these were on sale when I shopped. Baby gold potatoes are delicious this way, as are potato fingerlings
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Salt
- Italian Seasoning
how to make roasted garlic potatoes
Wash and rinse your potatoes and dry them off. I let mine hang out in an over-the-sink strainer, then patted them dry.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Slice your potatoes in half or even quarters. They will not need to cook as long as they are cut into quarters.
Take a large baking sheet and cover it with tin foil.
Spread out your sliced potatoes onto the sheet.
Drizzle your potatoes with olive oil and season to taste with Garlic Salt and Italian Seasoning.
Bake for about 30-40 minutes until you have the doneness that you prefer for your potatoes.
Serve and enjoy!!!
What is your favorite way to make potatoes?
How To Store roasted garlic baby potatoes
Once your leftovers have cooled off, you can store them in an airtight container or a Ziploc bag in the fridge for up to three days.
Potato Side Dish Recipes
Potatoes are my family’s favorite! They also make for a frugal side dish most of the time and are easy to put together for a weeknight dinner.
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Loaded Mashed Potatoes
- Oven Roasted Baby Potatoes
- Funeral Potatoes
- Easy Classic Potato Salad
- Grilled Foil Packet Potatoes
- Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes
What To Serve With Oven Roasted Garlic Potatoes
Oven Roasted Garlic Potatoes
- Wash and rinse your potatoes and dry them off. I let me mine hang out in an over the sink strainer then pat them dry.
- Pre-heat your oven to 350
- Slice your potatoes in half or even quarters. If they are cut into quarters they will not need to cook as long.
- Take a large baking sheet and cover it with tin foil.
- Spread out your sliced potatoes onto the sheet.
- Drizzle your potatoes with olive oil and season to taste with Garlic Salt and Italian Seasoning.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes until you have the doneness that you prefer for your potatoes
- Serve and enjoy!!!