This Smoked Turkey Noodle Soup Recipe is the perfect way to use leftover turkey from holiday dinners. It’s hard to believe that Thanksgiving is right around the corner!! I usually struggle to know what to do with the leftovers. However, this soup even uses turkey bones/carcasses to flavor the soup.
(I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
I love to make soup;, since I first made my Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup (see it -> here), I have become obsessed with making more. We had smoked a turkey (See the smoked turkey recipe and dry rub recipe -> here), so what better way to use up some of it than soup? I love that we made so many meals from a 20lb turkey.
Smoked Turkey Noodle Soup Ingredients:
- Smoked Turkey Carcass
- Smoked Turkey Neck
- Egg Noodles
- Minced Garlic
- Celery– I chopped these chunks larger so the kids could pick out what they don’t like.
- Green Onion
- Red Onion
- Better than Bouillon Chicken– You don’t need much I add just a tiny amount for flavoring, but you get a lot of broth out of the turkey carcass.
Smoked Turkey Noodle Soup Directions:
Boil a pot of water and the chicken Bouillon.
Once the pot is at a rolling boil, add in your turkey carcass.
**Note I did not add more seasonings to this as the carcass had the herbs from the smoked turkey to flavor the soup**
Chop and prep your veggies to go in.
Next, allow to boil for about two hours, and use a fork to remove more meat from the bones. By this time, you may be able to stir the pot and have chunks of meat come off the bone.
Allow to simmer for about another hour, and start to remove more bones and chunks of fat from the broth mixtures.
I use a metal skimmer for this step. It makes it easy to pull chunks to the top to pull out bones and fat chunks.
**Note add water as needed to the pot some of it does evaporate while cooking**
Add in your vegetables to the pot and continue to boil for about another hour.
Serve and enjoy
How do you use up your leftover holiday turkey?? Another tasty recipe to make with leftover turkey is Crockpot Turkey Chili; you can use my crockpot recipe -> here; it has become another family favorite!
Ingredient Substitutions FOR Turkey NOODLE SOUP:
- White Rice
How To Store Leftover Turkey Noodle Soup
Store in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to three days.
Store in the fridge allowing for the Turkey noodle soup to cool completely. Divide into air-tight containers and freeze for up to three months.
How To Reheat Leftover Turkey Noodle Soup
If reheating frozen turkey noodles soup allows it to defrost overnight in the fridge or use the defrost setting on y our microwave.
Either reheat in the microwave or a pan on the stove.
Other Recipes To Check Out
- Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners
- Comforting Winter Soup
- Tater Tot Casserole Recipes
- Recipes Using Coca-Cola
- Comforting Casserole Recipes
- No Bake Dessert Recipes
- Potato Salad Recipes
- Breakfast Casseroles
- Pasta Salad Recipes
- Crockpot Chicken Recipes
- Ground Beef Beef Recipes
- Crockpot Tailgating Recipes
- Crockpot Soup Recipes
- Super Easy Ground Beef Recipes
Smoked Turkey Noodle Soup
- Boil a pot of water and bullion Once the pot is at a rolling boil add in your turkey carcass
- Allow to boil for about two hours and use a fork to start to remove more of the meat from the bones.
- Allow to boil about another hour and remove more bones and chunks of fat from the broth mixtures
- Add in your vegetables your the pot and allow to continue to boil for about another hour.
- Serve and enjoy