How to make French toast! I know what you are thinking; that is so easy, but I had never made it till I was pushing 30 years old. French toast is one of those foods we love to eat for breakfast, but it also doubles as a fantastic dinner, aka brinner!
(I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
Easy meals like this are perfect for getting the kids in the kitchen cooking with you! My kids started flipping the French Toast at a young age and helping crack the eggs. Now that they are nearing their adult years, it’s one they can do solo.
French Toast Ingredients:
Now you can make this with a variety of different add in’s to the french toast to customize it, i included a list of options at the end.
How To Make French Toast:
Preheat your griddle or large fry pan, and grease it with shortening to help stop the French toast from sticking.
Mix your eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
Once your griddle or pan is hot and ready, dip a slice of your bread into the batter and coat both sides
Pro Tip: Don’t allow the bread to sit in the mixture. It will be too soggy if you do.
Place on the hot cooking surface and allow to cook.
Make more batter as you need.
I tend to add more cinnamon after making some French Toast; sometimes, the batter seems to have the cinnamon disappear pretty fast.
Serve and enjoy!
What is your favorite way to make French toast?
How Long To Store French Toast
Store in an airtight container or Ziploc bag for up to five days after cooking.
You can freeze French toast for up to three months in an airtight container or freezer bag.
Storing leftovers properly requires the right tools! My preferred storage method is if the leftovers can be sealed in a food saver. If not, then an air-tight container or Ziploc bag for the fridge is the way I go. The air-tight container and a freezer Ziploc bag are the next best bet for freezing the leftovers. I also use a food scale to measure portions into serving sizes.
Other Seasonings To Mix Into French Toast
TYPES OF BREAD TO USE:
What To Cook French Toast On
- Blackstone Griddle– perfect for making French toast for a crowd or meal prep! (See Blackstone French Toast -> here)
- Electric Griddle– I make eight pieces at a time on my tabletop electric griddle, which is excellent for meal prep.
- Large Fry Pan-Be sure your pan is nonstick and make your French toast this way; I have done this when only making a couple of slices at a time.
- Cast Iron Skillet
FRENCH TOAST TOPPINGS:
- Cinnamon Sugar
- Peach Topping
- Whip Cream
- Peanut Butter
- PB & J
- Huckleberry Syrup
- Boysenberry Syrup
- Strawberry Syrup
- Maple Syrup
- Chocolate Syrup
WHAT TO SERVE WITH FRENCH TOAST
- Blackstone Pancakes
- Fresh Fruit Salad
- Breakfast Hash
- Hashbrowns– You can use store-bought or make your own! (See my post -> How To Make Homemade Hashbrowns)
Other Recipes To Check Out
- Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners
- Comforting Winter Soup
- Tater Tot Casserole Recipes
- Recipes Using Coca-Cola
- Comforting Casserole Recipes
- No Bake Dessert Recipes
- Potato Salad Recipes
- Breakfast Casseroles
- Pasta Salad Recipes
- Crockpot Chicken Recipes
- Ground Beef Beef Recipes
- Crockpot Tailgating Recipes
- Crockpot Soup Recipes
- Super Easy Ground Beef Recipes
How To Make French Toast
- Preheat your griddle and grease it with shortening to help stop the french toast from sticking.
- In a bowl mix together your eggs, cinnamon, and milk.
- Once your griddle is ready to start to dip your bread in the batter and throw it on the griddle. Don't allow the bread to sit in the mixture it will be too soggy if you do.
- Once your griddle is ready to start to dip your bread in the batter and throw it on the griddle. Don’t allow the bread to sit in the mixture it will be to soggy if you do.
- Make more batter as you need.
- I tend to add more cinnamon after making some of the french toast.
- Serve by topping with cinnamon sugar and syrup!!!