This Instant Pot Crack Chicken Recipe is one of those recipes I have heard about forever! Now thankfully, I had done a bunch of running cause while this is keto-friendly, this was not WW-friendly.
(I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
This is a fantastic dinner; I love that it will make for the perfect leftovers! There are so many ways to serve this chicken, and it makes quite a bit. We took some home and had the chicken in wraps for lunch.
Instant Pot Crack Chicken Recipe Directions:
- Chicken Breasts– I used boneless skinless chicken breasts for this recipe. I find they shred for this type of food well and also don’t make more grease when cooking as thighs would.
- Bacon-This will need to be cut up into slices to be cooked in the instant pot on saute.
- Cheese– Almost any cheese will work in this recipe; I used a cheddar-based one.
- Ranch Seasoning– I included a recipe in the recipe card below for homemade dry ranch seasoning, or you can use store-bought ranch seasoning.
- Cream Cheese
- Chicken Broth
- Garlic Herb Seasoning– I found this McCormick Garlic and Herb seasoning; it is amazing,, even just on grilled chicken breasts.
*You could substitute Italian seasoning for the Garlic and Herb Seasoning*
*Smoked Paprika would add a nice flavor as well to this dish*
Homemade Ranch Season Ingredients And Directions:
How to Make Instant Pot Crack Chicken:
Season your chicken breasts with paprika, salt, pepper, and Garlic herb
We made this in an 8 Quart Instant Pot, but it would easily also fit in a 6 Quart Instant Pot without a problem. I love how fast the Instant Pot cooks your dinner! We have some crazy nights with the kids in the house, so the speed is a factor some nights for getting dinner on the table.
Turn your Instant pot into saute to allow it to start to warm up to start cooking your bacon, and also warm it up for getting the Instant Pot to pressure.
Cut up and start to cook up your bacon; now it cooked slowly with the whole pound in there so we ended up splitting it up to cook faster.
Once your bacon is cooked, remove it from the pot and place it in a bowl.
Brown your chicken breasts; we did do this in the bacon grease. We did four breasts removed them then browned one.
When your breasts are browned, remove them from the Instant Pot.
Pour in your broth, and then use a whisk or spoon to scrape along the bottom and side to get the seasonings left behind.
Put in your browned chicken breasts.
Next, drop in your cream cheese and then season.
Cover and seal with the lid.
Set for high pressure for 15 minutes.
Allow the Instant Pot to release pressure naturally.
Take the lid off once the pressure is released; I may be paranoid I make sure by flipping the steamer nozzle one more time to make sure it is released.
Remove the chicken and shred it; you can use bear claws. We did it the old fashion way with a meat fork and a regular fork.
Next, mix in the two cups of cheese into the broth mixture and then add back in the shredded chicken.
Keep some bacon on the side, and then mix most of the bacon into the instant pot.
Cover with the lid for 5 minutes to allow the cheeses to melt, and prep time for your other sides.
Serve and enjoy!!
How To Serve Crack Chicken:
- On a Brioche Bun with more cheese and bacon
- In a wrap
- Over pasta
- Over rice
- Serve on top of Broccoli
- Serve in a baked potato
- Over Quinoa
- As a dip to your crackers
- Serve over couscous
Have you had Crack Chicken?? What is your favorite way to eat it?
Instant Pot Recipes
Instant Pot is a great way to make dinner fast on busy weeknights! As well as dinner, it is easy to meal prep for the week.
- Taco Pasta
- Pork Carnitas
- Loaded Baked Beans
- Beef Chili
- Shredded Chicken Taco Meat
- Egg Loaf
- Pasta and Meatballs
- Crack Chicken
- Egg Bites
Dessert Recipes to Check Out
- 2 Ingredient Desserts
- Cake Mix Cookies
- Peanut Butter Desserts
- Ice Cream Floats
- Potluck Desserts
- Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake
Instant Pot Crack Chicken Recipe
- Season your chicken breasts with paprika, salt, pepper, and Garlic herb
- Now we made this in an 8 Quart Instant Pot but it would easily also fit in a 6 Quart Instant Pot as well without a problem.
- Cut up and start to cook up your bacon on saute, now it cooked slowly with the whole pound in there so we ended up splitting it up to cook faster.
- Once your bacon is done remove the bacon from the pot and place it into a bowl.
- Brown your chicken breasts, we did do this in the bacon grease. We did four breasts removed them then browned the one.
- When your breasts are done remove them from the Instant Pot.
- Pour in your broth and then use a whisk or spoon to scrape along the bottom and side to get the seasonings that were left behind.
- Put in your browned chicken breasts.
- Next drop in your cream cheese and then seasoning.
- Cover and seal with the lid.
- Set for high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Allow the Instant Pot to naturally release pressure.
- Take the lid off once the pressure is released, I may be paranoid I make sure by flipping the steamer nozzle one more time to make sure it is released.
- Remove the chicken and shred it, you can use bear claws we did it the old fashion way with a meat fork and regular fork.
- Next mix in the two cups of cheese into the broth mixture and then add back in the chicken.
- Keep some bacon on the side and then mix most of the bacon into the instant pot.
- Cover with the lid for 5 minutes to allow the cheeses to melt, and prep time for your other sides.
- Serve and enjoy!! We served over broccoli and on buns!