This Easy Chicken Parmesan Skillet Recipe is the perfect quick dinner! Fast and filling dinners are a must in my house, and if it is one skillet or one pan meal even better. Chicken parmesan is a meal that my whole family loves, and this is so easy to make you won’t regret trying it!
(I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
This dish is so easy to make we have made it while traveling in a hotel kitchen, and Kylie also did most of the work for that dinner! It’s one of my favorite ways to save when traveling. We didn’t want to deal with a crowded restaurant on a Friday night so it was perfect!
When we travel, I try to filter hotels for the kitchen aspect or even a partial kitchen on the booking site, Expedia is one of my favorites. Even without a kitchen in the room, we often take a crockpot with us, but this one had the stove burners and kitchenware we could get at the front desk.
Easy Chicken Parmesan Skillet Ingredients:
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Italian Dressing
- Olive Oil– I put a bit of Minced Garlic in it
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
- Penne Pasta
- Red Pasta Sauce
HOw To Make Chicken Parmesan Skillet:
A couple of hours before we left home, I poured some olive oil into a container and placed some minced garlic to flavor the oil.
The first step is to cut your chicken into cubed pieces.
Next, in your fry pan, warm up your desired amount of oil and dressing into your pan at medium-high.
Once the oil is warm, cook your diced chicken in the oil and dressing until it is fully cooked.
Once your chicken is cooked, pour your jar of sauce into the pan with the chicken.
Next, pour the box of pasta into the pan.
Fill your empty pasta jar back up with water and slowly pour it into the pan.
Stir everything together, be sure to stir slowly and carefully as the pan is full.
Bring the pan to a boil.
Cover with a lid and reduce heat to allow it to simmer.
Allow to cook for about 15 minutes covered; we did check ours every five minutes.
When pasta is tender, cover it with mozzarella cheese and allow the meal to cook for a couple more minutes until the cheese is melted.
Top with more cheese and parmesan cheese if you want.
What would you cook for dinner in an Extended Stay America hotel room?
How To Store LEftover Skillet Chicken Parmesan
Store leftovers in the fridge for up to three days in an air-tight container.
Storing leftovers properly requires the right tools! My preferred storage method is if the leftovers can be sealed in a food saver. If not, then an air-tight container or Ziploc bag for the fridge is the way I go. The air-tight container and a freezer Ziploc bag are the next best bet for freezing the leftovers. I also use a food scale to measure portions into serving sizes.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CHICKEN PARMESAN Skillet:
- Oven Roasted Potatoes
- Garlic Bread
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Cesar Salad
- Loaded Mashed Potatoes
- Grilled Corn On The Cob
- Tomato Caprese
- Oven Roasted Acorn Squash
Other Variations Of Chicken Parmesan:
Chicken Parmesan is one of those dishes that the whole family and the kids will love! If you want more variations and tips on Chicken Parmesan, check out Easy Chicken Parmesan Recipes. (see the post -> here)
- Chicken Parmesan Skillet Dinner
- Easy Chicken Parmesan
- Weight Watchers Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- Crockpot Chicken Parm Soup Recipe
Easy Chicken Parmesan Skillet Dinner!
- A couple hours before we left home I poured some olive oil into a container and placed in some minced garlic to flavor the oil.
- Cut your chicken into cubed pieces
- In your fry pan warm up your desired amount of oil and dressing into your pan at medium-high
- Cook your diced chicken in the oil and dressing until it is cooked
- Once your chicken is cooked pour in your jar of sauce
- Pour in the box of pasta
- Fill your pasta jar back up with water and slowly pour into the pan
- Mix everything together (be careful stirring as it fills up the pan)
- Bring to a boil
- Reduce heat to allow it to simmer and cover with a lid
- Allow to cook for about 15 minutes, we checked ours every five minutesWhen pasta is tender cover with mozzarella cheese and allow the meal to cook for a couple more minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Top with more cheese and parmesan cheese