This low-carb keto bagel recipe is one of my girlfriend’s favorites on the Ketogenic Diet!! It is no secret that I am a Weight Watchers member, but other ways of losing weight interest me. I love trying other foods that work on their plans and see if they fit into my points.
(I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
**Be sure to consult a doctor before starting any new diet or exercise regime, and don’t forget what works for one may not work for another person. **
If you are unsure what Keto is, the diet is a low-carb diet based on high-fat and moderate protein food choices. That means bread, sugar, fruit, and high-starch vegetables are a no-go. Finding food that you can work to replace the food you love is a win!
Now like Weight Watchers, eggs are unlimited, and bread on Weight Watchers with carbs high points, so we tend to avoid foods like bagels.I did try these, and they taste like a bagel; I was truly surprised. These bagels are high points for Weight Watchers (11 Smartpoints when I plugged it in) but are keto-approved. .
Easy Low-Carb Keto Bagel Ingredients:
- Almond Flour
- Baking Powder
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Cream Cheese– You can leave this out to be more room temperature for making this recipe; it will melt faster.
- Everything But The Bagel Seasoning
How To Make Low-Carb Keto Bagels:
Start by preheating your oven to 425 degrees to bake the bagels in.
In a bowl, beat one large egg; this will be used egg wash on your bagels.
Mix your almond flour and baking powder in a large bowl, then sift together.
Next, add the two eggs to the flour mixture and combine well; using your hands for this step makes it easier.
*Spraying your hands with nonstick or rubbing with a bit of oil will help your hands come cleaner faster*
In a microwave-safe bowl, place your mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Now my Pyrex love affair is no secret. I used my 8 cup Pyrex measuring cup. This bowl held the double batch like a champ and was perfect for this recipe.
Microwave the cheese for 1 minute and 30 seconds, and then mix the cheese inside the bowl.
Return to the microwave for 1 minute and remix the cheese.
Repeat the microwave steps until the cheese mixture is well combined.
Dump in the dough mixture into the cheese mixture and mix until everything is mixed well. Your hands will be the easiest way to mix this up.
If the dough isn’t workable, pop the dough into the microwave to soften it.
Make a log or roll out of your dough and cut it into even pieces.
We cut our double batch of dough into twelve pieces, a single batch will be about 6
Now I am not the best at shaping dough, so we cheated, and I ordered a three-pack of Silicone doughnut pans on Amazon for under $15
I have also used the doughnut pans to make my 2 Ingredient Pumpkin Doughnuts! (See the recipe -> here)
Bake in the oven for about 12-15 minutes at 425 degrees.
Remove from oven when done.
I have to say Oven gloves are amazing when using silicone; you can get a hold of the pan so much easier.
Allow to cool and then remove from pan. You can place them on a baking rack to cool before storing them.
Cut open the bagel and enjoy; you can eat it with cream cheese or add an egg to make a breakfast sandwich!!
What is your go-to low-carb breakfast item?
Other Keto Recipes To Try
Ranch Chicken– With only four ingredients, this is so easy to let cook in the crockpot!! Pair this with cauliflower rice for an easy dinner!
Cream Cheese Chicken- Keto and so easy to put together! The chicken shreds into the sauce and is heavenly tasting!
Keto Chicken Fajita Soup– An easy twist on Taco Tuesday that is Keto and Weight Watchers friendly! Spice it up, or load it with more toppings!
Eggroll In A Bowl– Easy to make with ground sausage and a ready-mix coleslaw kit! Serve as is or serve over cauliflower rice.
How To store Keto Bagels
You can store these bagels in an air-tight container or a sealed bag. Store in the fridge for up to a week.
You can also freeze these for up to 6 months in an air-tight container.
To thaw, place them overnight in the fridge or pop them in the frozen toaster. If toasting while frozen, you will need to slice them before freezing. You can also reheat it in the oven.
What to serve with keto bagels
- Fried Eggs
- Almond Butter
- Ham Steaks
- Sausage patties
- Cream Cheese
Bagel Seasonings To Try
Easy Low Carb Keto Bagels
- Start out by preheating your oven to 425 degrees
- In a bowl beat one large egg for your egg wash
- In a bigger bowl combine together your almond flour and baking powder and sift together
- Next, add your 2 eggs to the flour mixture and combine together well, it is easy to do with your hand
- In a microwave-safe bowl place your cheese and cream cheese.
- Microwave the cheese for 1 minute and 30 seconds and then mix
- Return to the microwave for a 1 minute and mix again
- Repeat until the mixture is well combined
- Dump in the dough mixture into the cheese mixture and mix until everything is mixed well, Katie used her hands as well for this step. If the dough isn’t workable just pop it back in the microwave to soften it up more
- Make a log or roll out of your dough and cut into even pieces, we cut ours into twelve since we made a double batch
- Once you have your dough in the mold, use a pastry brush to do an egg wash on top of each bagel, and sprinkle with Everything But The Bagel Sesame Seasoning.
- Bake in oven for about 12-15 minutes at 425 degrees
- Remove from oven when done.
- Allow to cool and then remove from pan
- Cut open the bagel and enjoy, you can eat with cream cheese or add in an egg to make a breakfast sandwich!!
- The perfect way to fix the bread craving and add a change up your eggs as well!! What is your go to low carb breakfast item?