The Best Weight Watchers Cereals! Yes, you can be on WW and eat cereal too. Wake up to a breakfast bursting with flavor and ideally suited for your weight loss journey with these scrumptious Weight Watchers-friendly cereals!
(I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
If you thought sticking to your plan meant bidding farewell to your favorite morning meal, think again. We’ve got your back with an exciting lineup of tasty cereals that are low in SmartPoints and packed with wholesome goodness. Start your day with a delicious, satisfying, and fun breakfast that keeps your weight loss goals on track and your taste buds delighted!
WHAT IS Weight Watchers?
When starting a new weight loss program or diet change, consult a doctor or physician about personal health concerns. It is a good idea to have blood sugar levels, blood pressure, and hormones checked at a physical before and during being on the WW program.
New to Weight Watchers?? Also known as WW, a weight loss program uses points assigned to food to track and lose weight. When you sign up, you take an assessment that will assign you a point value to eat daily and a weekly allowance. You can carry over 4 points from the day into your weekly budget, which is handy when you need more points.
I have been on Weight Watchers since 2011. They have had Points Plus Value, WW Smartpoints, Blue Plan, Green Plan, Purple Plan, WW Personal Points, and now Weight Watchers Points. The new Weight Watchers Simplified plan is the new program launched in November 2022 similar to previous plans like WW Smartpoints, with some color plans. ( You can see the Weight Watchers Zero Point Foods 2023 -> here)
No matter the WW plan, they work to help you learn healthy eating habits. I have hit lifetime goal weight several times but stopped operating the plan and tracking, so the weight does creep back on. You stay on as a lifetime member, working towards your goal. Head on over ->here to get a month for free.
What Are The Best Cereals for Weight Watchers?
Get ready to level up your breakfast game with our curated shortlist of the best cereals for Weight Watchers! We’ve combed the countless options and handpicked the tastiest, most nutritious, and SmartPoints-friendly cereals to kick-start your day with a smile. Now the best cereal for weight watchers 2023 is in my opinion, still frosted mini-wheat, but there are still lower point options.
*As with any food, be sure to recalculate in the calculated as brands do change their nutritional information without warning* There is no best cereal to eat on Weight Watchers, but there are a lot of tasty options
The lowest point cereal on weight watchers is Puffed Wheat– Only 1 point per cup, making it one of the best cereal on weight watchers plan.
Whole Grain Cereals
- Cascadian Farm Purely O’s– 2 points per cup
- Multigrain Cheerios-4 Points per cup
- Shredded Wheat (not frosted): 3 Points per cup
- Bran Flakes– Varies 3-4 points per cup, depending on the brand.
Popular Low-Point Cereals
- Special K– Special K is a popular choice because of the variety of flavors. Be careful to check each one, which can vary between 3-6 points per cup.
- Corn Flakes-Once again, beware of each brand as it can vary between 3-5 points per cup.
- Frosted Mini-Wheats– 7 points for 25 biscuits (this is one of my favorites, and the points are worth it for the fiber and taste)
- Rice Krispies– 4 Points per cup
- Catalina Crunch– 4 points per cup
- Magic Spoon Cereal-: 4-5 points per cup depending on the flavor of the cereal.
High Protein and Fiber Cereals
- Kashi GOLEAN– 4 points per cup with the original cereal, but only 3 points for dark cocoa or cinnamon vanilla.
- Fiber One-The original bran with whole grain and the 80-calorie chocolate or honey squares cereal is 4 points per cup, but the other flavors could be 6 or 8 points per cup.
- Premier Protein– 4 Points for one cup of cereal.
Breakfast is often hailed as the most important meal of the day and for a good reason. Starting your day with a healthy, balanced meal can set the tone for your food choices and energy levels throughout the day. For those following the Weight Watchers program, finding the right breakfast cereal can be crucial to staying on track with your weight loss goals. This guide’ll explore the best Weight Watcher-friendly cereals and offer tips for creating a satisfying and nutritious breakfast bowl.
Criteria for Choosing the Best Weight Watchers Cereals
When following the Weight Watchers program, choosing cereals that align with the Points system is essential. Points are calculated based on a food’s calories, protein, sugar, and saturated fat content. Here are some key factors to consider when selecting a cereal:
- Low Points Value: Aim for cereals with a low Points value to help you stay within your daily budget.
- High in fiber and protein: Both fiber and protein help you feel fuller for longer, supporting weight loss efforts.
- Low in added sugar: Excessive sugar consumption can lead to weight gain and other health issues. Choose cereals with minimal added sugars.
Tips for a Healthier Cereal Bowl
To make the most of your Weight Watcher-friendly cereal, be mindful of portion sizes using a measuring cup, and opt for unsweetened plant-based milk like almond or soy milk to reduce the overall Points value. Also, skim milk is an excellent way to reduce the point value of the meal. Enhance your meal with natural sweetness and extra fiber by topping your cereal with fresh fruits such as berries, bananas, or apples.
My favorite way to bulk the protein is to make my cereal with premier protein shakes; the vanilla adds sweetness to the blander cereals. You can split a carton between days or drink the rest as part of your breakfast. Protein will help you stay full longer.
Tasty Warm Cereal Alternatives for Weight Watchers Fans
For a warm, comforting breakfast, consider steel-cut oats, rich in fiber and customizable with your favorite fruits, nuts, and spices. Alternatively, try gluten-free options like brown rice or quinoa porridge, which are also high in fiber and protein. For a more filling meal, opt for low-point granola or muesli, focusing on brands that are low in added sugars and rich in whole grains, fiber, and protein.
Mastering the Cereal Aisle: Finding the Best ww low point cereal 2023
When shopping for ww cereal, reading nutrition labels to make the best choices is essential. Look for grains that are low in Points, high in fiber and protein, and low in added sugar. Watch for portion sizing on the packaging as some cereals may have smaller serving sizes than others.
Weight Watcher Collections To Checkout
Are you looking for Zero Point food ideas? Check out this list -> here of all the Zero Weight Watchers points food.
These are easy Weight Watchers recipes made in my kitchen; most are kid-approved. Click on the name to be taken to them.
- Weight Watchers Instant Pot Recipes
- Delicious Low Point Soups
- Dinners For The Family
- Best Weight Watchers Cereals
- Air Fryer Recipes
- Best Weight Watchers Tortillas
- Chicken Dinners
- Best Store Bought Weight Watchers Salad Dressings
- Dessert Recipes
- Pumpkin Recipes
- Brownie Recipes
- Casserole Recipes
- Weight Watcher Muffins
- Breakfast Recipes
- Weight Watchers Pizzas
- Weight Watchers Grilling