A Weight Watchers Zero Point Air Fryer Salmon recipe! Centering my meals around healthy proteins is essential to success on my Weight Watchers journey, either in maintenance or while losing weight. Salmon is one of those foods low in saturated fat and full of vitamins.
(I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
Zero-point proteins are some of my favorites, I usually do boneless skinless chicken breast, but it is nice to change it up. Zero-point foods allow me to enjoy other meals or find balance if I have used Weight Watcher points on other foods.
WHAT IS Weight Watchers?
When starting a new weight loss program or diet change, consult a doctor or physician about personal health concerns. It is a good idea to have blood sugar levels, blood pressure, and hormones checked at a physical before and during being on the WW program.
New to Weight Watchers?? Also known as WW, a weight loss program uses points assigned to food to track and lose weight. When you sign up, you take an assessment that will assign you a point value to eat daily and a weekly allowance. You can carry over 4 points from the day into your weekly budget, which is handy when you need more points.
I have been on Weight Watchers since 2011. They have had Points Plus Value, WW Smartpoints, Blue Plan, Green Plan, Purple Plan, WW Personal Points, and now Weight Watchers Points. The new Weight Watchers Simplified plan is the new program launched in November 2022 similar to previous plans like WW Smartpoints, with some color plans. ( You can see the Weight Watchers Zero Point Foods 2023 -> here)
No matter the WW plan, they work to help you learn healthy eating habits. I have hit lifetime goal weight several times but stopped operating the plan and tracking, so the weight does creep back on. You stay on as a lifetime member, working towards your goal. Head on over ->here to get a month for free.
Air Fryer Salmon Ingredients
What Type Of Salmon to USe
You can buy fresh Salmon Fillets at the grocery store or catch your own during the season.
How To Make Salmon In Air Fryer
Make this recipe using thawed or fresh salmon, and you will want to have the skin left on the fillet of the salmon.
Spray the air fryer basket or racks with a nonstick spray.
Lay the salmon fillet or salmon fillets on the basket or the rack skin side down.
Sprinkle with your seasonings and turn your air fryer to the fish setting or 400 degrees. You can do this seasoning as light as you want or as heavy, depending on personal preference.
Allow to cook for the fish setting or 8 to 10 minutes at 400 degrees. Your air fryer will have buttons if it has a fish cooking setting. If not you can do a temperature setting.
Now I made this using the Dreo Chefmaker (don’t worry, it’s on Amazon here as well as their site), and the fish cooking program and it took all the guesswork out of the cooking time, and the humidity control made for flaky perfect consistency. You can see it on their site -> here or on Amazon -> here.
Salmon is fully cooked at 145 degrees. If your air fryer does not have a built-in probe use a food thermometer to temperature check the fish to ensure it is done.
Remove and serve!
Weight Watchers Salmon Points
Salmon is one of those foods that is a zero-point food. (see more in my Zero Point Food Guide) Because I used no oil and a zero-point seasoning, the Weight Watchers Salmon Points are zero.
How To Make Frozen air fry frozen salmon
You will defrost the salmon by cooking the frozen fillet at 390 for 5-7 minutes. Then open the air fryer and season, then allow to cook for the fish setting or 8 to 10 minutes at 400 degrees.
Tips For Cooking Salmon In Air Fryer
Spraying either the rack or the air fryer basket will help make the fillet easy to remove from the air fryer.
Store the salmon fillet in the fridge before moving directly into the air fryer to season and cook.
Seasonings and Rubs to use When Air Frying Salmon
- Ground Black Pepper
- Brown Sugar– A homemade brown sugar rub is amazing! This one -> here is one of my favorites. Using sugar in a rub will add points to the salmon.
- Fresh Herbs
- Soy Sauce
- Dill– Combining fresh dill with other seasonings is a fantastic way to flavor salmon. This rub-> here is delicious.
- Olive Oil– Using any oil may add some points, you may need to recalculate how much oil you add for the servings you plan to get.
- Garlic Powder
- Glaze– Making a glazed salmon may also affect the point value, so use your recipe builder to verify the points.
What To Serve With Weight Watchers Salmon
There is no wrong choice of a side dish! I had cheese on my asparagus since the salmon was zero points; so good! The sky is the limit!
- Air fryer Asparagus
- Grilled Corn on the Cob
- White Rice
- Oven Roasted Asparagus
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Crockpot Quinoa
Other Salmon Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Salmon with Maple Soy Glaze
- Air Fryer Honey Mustard Salmon Recipe
- Everything Bagel Air Fryer Salmon
- Brown Sugar Garlic Air Fryer Salmon
What are your go-to Weight Watchers Air Fryer Dinners?
Weight Watcher Collections To Checkout
Are you looking for Zero Point food ideas? Check out this list -> here of all the Zero Weight Watchers points food.
These are easy Weight Watchers recipes made in my kitchen; most are kid-approved. Click on the name to be taken to them.
- Weight Watchers Instant Pot Recipes
- Delicious Low Point Soups
- Dinners For The Family
- Best Weight Watchers Cereals
- Air Fryer Recipes
- Best Weight Watchers Tortillas
- Chicken Dinners
- Best Store Bought Weight Watchers Salad Dressings
- Dessert Recipes
- Pumpkin Recipes
- Brownie Recipes
- Casserole Recipes
- Weight Watcher Muffins
- Breakfast Recipes
- Weight Watchers Pizzas
- Weight Watchers Grilling
Salmon Air Fryer Recipe
- Make this recipe using thawed or fresh salmon, and you will want to have the skin left on the fillet of the salmon.
- Spray the air fryer basket or the air fryer racks with a nonstick spray.
- Lay the salmon fillet or salmon fillets on the basket or the rack, you will want this to be skin side down.
- Sprinkles with your seasonings and turn your air fryer to the fish setting or 400 degrees.
- Allow to cook for the fish setting or for 8 to 10 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Salmon is fully cooked at 145 degrees.