This cheesy Creamy Turkey Noodle Casserole recipe is one of those fantastic leftover turkey recipes. I love to find new recipes to try out every holiday. Having our favorites is a good thing, but also fun to try out new ones.
(I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
Now casseroles are my jam; I love finding ways to change up our new favorites. Recently we made Cheesy Ham Noodle Casserole, which has been made several times since then. The kids mentioned how good it would be with turkey, so we had to try it!
Using no-yolk noodles in casseroles like this is one of my favorite ways to use them. They cook fast and pair with many different proteins to make easy dinners. Casseroles are a great way to make filling dinners for the whole family and to save money, too, since they are made of everyday pantry ingredients and common grocery sale items.
Cheesy Turkey Noodle Casserole Ingredients:
- Turkey– You can use either shredded white meat or dark meat from a turkey. If you don’t have leftover turkey, chopped turkey tenderloin or turkey breast will also work. (I used leftover Smoked Turkey in mine)
- No Yolk Noodles– The variety of noodles you use doesn’t matter. The noodles will be cooked cook before you assemble them into the casserole.
- Frozen Mixed Vegetables– Corn, Carrots, and Peas, either steamed vegetables or cooked on the stove will work. If you use canned vegetables, they need to be heated and strained before putting in the casserole.
- Cream of Chicken Soup-This can easily be substituted with a Cream of Potato, Cream of Celery, or Cream of Mushroom soup. However, Cream of Chicken is the creamiest for a casserole like this.
- Sour Cream
- Milk– This can also be substituted with heavy cream as well.
- Garlic Salt– If your turkey is heavily seasoned from cooking, go easy on the seasoning.
- Black Pepper–If picky kids are eating, or your turkey is preseasoned, this can be skipped or added by the person eating.
- Mozzarella Cheese
This recipe is great for leftover Thanksgiving turkey or turkey dinner. Often I will freeze leftover turkey for later on or cook a turkey from sales to make into dishes like this.
How To Make Turkey Noodle Cheese Casserole:
Start a large stockpot or pot of boiling water and a small pan for the frozen vegetables to boil.
Cook the noodles and the frozen vegetables following the directions on the packages. Steamfresh vegetables will work great for this recipe, especially since they will not need any straining. Follow the package instructions for this step.
For extra flavor, you can cook the noodles with a bit of chicken broth in them.
Strain the noodles and the vegetables.
Mix your cream of chicken, sour cream, milk, salt, pepper, and 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese in a large mixing bowl. This bowl must be large enough to add in the noodles, vegetables, and meat. I mixed in an 8-cup Pyrex measuring cup and then moved to a larger bowl.
Once the sour cream mixture is mixed well, add the cooked vegetables, chunks of warmed shredded turkey, and noodles.
Spray a 9X13 pan with a nonstick spray. I cook in Pyrex as it is easy to see how the dish is cooking, plus they have pans with handles for easy removal from the oven. Most Pyrex pans also have lids for an air-tight seal for easy leftover storage.
Top the dish with the remaining 1 Cup of shredded cheese.
Bake in the oven at 350 degrees in the oven for 30 minutes.
Optional: In a bag, crush one sleeve, which is about 30 Ritz crackers for topping the casserole. For this alteration, bake for 20 minutes and then top with ritz crackers for the remaining ten minutes.
Remove and serve!
How to Store Leftover Turkey Casserole
I use casserole pans to make my casseroles that make an airtight container for storing. If using a dish without a lid, you can move to containers or use plastic wrap or aluminum foil over the top of the pan. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to three days after making the casserole.
You could freeze this casserole either before making or after making the casserole. Store in the freezer in an airtight container for up to three months.
Other Seasonings And Ingredients To Substitute In:
- Swiss Cheese
- Green beans
- Soy Sauce
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Panko Bread Crumbs
- Extra Turkey
- Cooked Onion
- Orange Peppers
- Parmesan Cheese
- Onion Powder
- Fresh Parsley
- Garlic Powder
Leftover Turkey Recipes
Using leftover holiday turkey is a favorite of the entire family. I like to buy the largest turkey so there are a lot of thanksgiving leftovers or any turkey dinner. Typically the turkey is cheap or free with promotions at the grocery store, so stretching the grocery budget further and tasty food is a win-win.
- Leftover Turkey Noodle Soup– Perfect for using any leftover turkey from any holiday dinner! Full of flavor and also perfect for freezing later on.
- Slow Cooker Turkey Chili– Easy to make, and the taste is excellent; perfect day-after-holiday dinner comfort food!
- Turkey And Dumpling Soup– Make in the oven or a smoker, this comfort food soup with dumplings will be a family favorite.
What To Serve With Leftover Turkey Casserole
- Kale Salad
- Parmesan Garlic Breadsticks
- Vegetable Stir Fry
- Cheesy Monkey Bread
- Garlic Pull-Apart Bread
- Pull-Apart Cheesy Bread
Easy No Yolk noodle Casserole Recipes:
If you want easy dinner recipes using No Yolk Noodles, check out my list of No Yolk Noodle Recipes. They are also excellent in soup and with crockpot dishes and sauces!
- Tuna Noodle
- Friendship Casserole
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Chicken Parmesan Bake
- Cheesy Ham Noodle Casserole
Leftover Turkey Noodle Casserole
- Start a large stockpot or pot of boiling water and a small pan for the frozen vegetables to boil.
- Cook the noodles and the frozen vegetables following the directions on the packages.
- Mix your cream of chicken, sour cream, milk, salt, pepper, and 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese in a large mixing bowl.
- Once the sour cream mixture is mixed well, add the cooked vegetables, chunks of warmed shredded turkey, and noodles.
- Spray a 9X13 pan with a nonstick spray.
- Top the dish with the remaining 1 Cup of shredded cheese.
- Optional: In a bag, crush one sleeve, which is about 30 Ritz crackers for topping the casserole. For this alteration, bake for 20 minutes and then top with ritz crackers for the remaining ten minutes.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove and serve!!