This Coke Zero Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken recipe is perfect for any sports gathering or a quick dinner!! Normally I use Coca-cola but we had picked up some Coke Zero to try cooking with. With a busy schedule, the crockpot often saves our meal time.
First posted in 2015 and updated in 2023
(I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
Watching sports and tailgating at home is one of my favorites to do, and honestly it doesn’t matter the time of year we will make food and watch! As well as tailgating food this is one of those recipes that can double as a fast and easy dinner. There are times that even though everyone eats dinner no one is home at the same time so often everyone serves up themselves. This leads to me being thankful for crockpots that make cooking easy and keeps food hot forever!
Coke Zero Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Ingredients:
- Soy Sauce
- Minced Garlic
- Chicken legs– You can also do chicken thighs, breasts, or wings in this as well.
- BBQ Sauce
- Coke Zero– You can use regular Coca-Cola as well, or even root beer or dr pepper.
How To Make Coke Zero Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken:
Place your chicken in a gallon Ziploc bag, then add the soy sauce and minced garlic to the bag.
Allow the chicken pieces to marinate in the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight.
Spray your slow cooker with a non-stick spray. If you don’t want to use a nonstick spray you can use a slow cooker liner.
Use tongs to remove your chicken pieces from the bag to place in the crockpot.
Pour in the cans of Coke Zero and then add the bbq sauce.
Allow to cook on low in your crockpot for 6 hours, be sure to watch them not overcook, and stir often.
Remove and brush with more bbq sauce and serve!!
How To Store Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken
Once the BBQ Chicken legs have cooled completely move to an air-tight container and store them in the fridge for up to three days.
How to Reheat Crockpot BBQ Chicken
Reheat in the microwave and then add more bbq sauce.
Reheat in the oven and then top with more bbq sauce.
What To serve With Slow Cooker Coke Zero BBQ Chicken
- Cole Slaw
- Potato Salad
- Loaded Baked Beans
- Grilled Corn on the Cob
- Grilled Zucchini
- Macaroni And Cheese
- Garlic Bread
- Mashed Potatoes
As I’ve said, I love my crockpot! I use it all the time for dinners, soups, and tailgating! You can check out my collection of recipes -> here! Trust me; you need to try the beans!
BE SURE TO CHECK OUT OUR OTHER GREAT COCA-COLA RECIPES!
- Coca-Cola BBQ Grilled Wings
- Coke Zero BBQ Crock Pot Chicken
- Coca-Cola Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- Coke Zero BBQ Crock Pot Wings
- Coca-Cola Butt BBQ Chicken
- Crock Pot Coca-Cola Ham
- Sweet And Smokey Coca-Cola Chicken
Coke Zero Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken
- Marinate your chicken in a zipper plastic bag with soy sauce and minced garlic for a couple of hours.
- Spray your slow cooker with nonstick spray or a slow cooker liner
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker out of the ziploc bag.
- Cover the chicken with the bbq sauce and coke zero.
- Cook on low for about 5 hours and be sure to watch them to not over cook