Watching sports has become a favorite past time that I share with my my son. Of course when you watch sports, food is the perfect addition to the game!! It’s hard to believe that its already time for NCAA® March Madness. I love to use my slow cooker, for now, worry cooking on game day and BBQ chicken is the perfect food when there is a big game on!
These are seriously the easiest thing to make in the world!! We bought a package of chicken legs to make this since its the kids favoritel. We put them into a gallon zipper plastic bag with soy sauce and a squirt of lemon juice. We let them chill in the fridge to soak for a bit and to add flavor to them. Michael used the tongs to carefully pull the legs out of the bag, he insisted if we dumped the soy sauce in it would make a huge mess. We used an original flavor of bbq sauce, I was worried honey would make it too sweet. My husband said he would love to try this with a spicy BBQ sauce. You can use any flavor or brand of BBQ sauce your family will enjoy.
We sprayed our slow cooker with non stick spray and put the marinated chicken in the pot. We then covered the legs with the sauce and the Coke Zero. We had a fun conversation about how the Coke Zero and the bbq sauce had the reaction together. Michael mixed the sauce up before we turned on the slow cooker on low and let them cook.
The result of Micheal’s secret ingredient in the BBQ chicken was AMAZING!! The chicken were so flavorful and juicy as well as super easy to make. There was no remembering to flip them and we only stirred them once about half way through at about the three hour mark. I was worried about the sauce burning and of course Michael wanted to see the chicken cooking progress.
Be sure to keep in touch with Coca Cola on social media:
- Follow on Twitter: @CokeZero & @CocaCola
- Follow On Pinterest: Coca Cola & Coca Cola Zer0
- Follow on Instagram: Coca Cola &Coke Zero
- Follow on Facebook: Coca Cola & Coca Cola Zero
- 1 Small Bottle of Soy Sauce
- Lemon Juice
- BBQ Sauce
- Can of Coke Zero
- Marinate your chicken in a zipper plastic bag with soy sauce and a squirt of lemon juice
- Spray your slow cooker with non stick spray
- Place chicken in slow cooker
- Cover in bbq sauce and coke zero
- Cook on low for about 6 hours and be sure to watch them to not over cook
Latest posts by Jenny (see all)
- Easy Hawaiian Roll Sliders!! Plus Sweepstakes and Giveaway! - June 18, 2018
- Free Printable Chore Charts!! Perfect For Kids! - June 13, 2018
- Tips For Preparing For Free Camping! - June 12, 2018