I have been making this M&M Cake Mix Cookies Recipe since 2014. I make these all year round but for some reason, these always end up being a favorite Christmas holiday cookie for the kid. Once we can find the green and red M&Ms, we make them, generally on November 1 if you have never tried to hunt down the holiday bags.
(I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
These M&M Cake Mix Cookies are also fun to take to holiday get-togethers, easy to make, and put on a fun dish or in a container. M&M Cake Mix Cookies are a huge hit in my house!!! Now other favorite cookies -> Funfetti Cake Batter cookies!! I always have a stash of cake mixes from coupon sales, and we stock up on M&Ms with the after-holiday clearance sales!
M&M Cake Mix Cookies Recipe Ingredients:
- White Cake Mix– You can use a different variety, but the white will show the M&M color best. A chocolate cake mix would be a tasty combination.
- Baking Powder
- Vegetable oil
- Plain M&Ms– You could use a different variety of M&Ms; if doing M&Ms like peanuts where they are larger, you will want to use fewer M&Ms.
How To Make M&M Cake Mix Cookies:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Mix all of the ingredients except for M&Ms.
After all the other ingredients are well mixed, slowly add in the M&Ms. You can use fewer M&Ms, but we like cookies with lots of candy.
Scoop dough into balls and place on a cookie sheet. I use a cookie scoop to do it (You can get one -> here) to make the cookie shapes and to keep them uniform.
Bake for about 8-10 minutes
Allow to cool on a wire rack before storing; the chocolate will hold the heat, so be sure to cool properly! I have about ten different wire racks, and when I go on a baking frenzy, it’s convenient to have many of them!
What are your favorite holiday cookies to make??
How To Store Cake Mix M&M Cookies
Store in an air-tight container for 5-7 days. You can store them in an air-tight container in the freezer for 30 days to 3 months.
Other Cookie Recipes To Check Out:
I love making cake mix cookies! I have a whole collection; the Smore’s one is amazing! You can check out the collection -> here!
- Christmas Sugar Cookies– These cookies with homemade frosting are amazing!
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies-> Use a muffin pan and homemade peanut butter cookies, and stuff them with peanut butter cups!
- Minty Chocolate Delight Cookies– Chocolate cookies made with chocolate and mint morsels, an amazing sweet cookie!
M&M Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
- Preheat your over to 350 degrees
- Mix together all of the ingredients except for M&Ms
- After all the other ingredients are well mixed slowly add in the M&Ms. You can use less M&Ms but we like them with lots of candy.
- Scoop dough into balls and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes
- Allow to cool on a wire rack before storing