Now maybe you are like me and go why would I want to try a Hot Toddy Recipe or one with Fireball? Let me tell you, this cold and flu season has been brutal. Everyone around me seems to be dropping like flies from the flu or respiratory infections. A Hot Toddy drink has made this season so much easier.
(I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
Now I haven’t gotten super sick, but during the snowstorm in February, I just felt blah cause our weather was up and down! A perfect nightcap to have before crawling into bed, knowing I would have to get up and shovel the driveway again.
Now funny story, when my girlfriend told me to make this drink she called it a hotty toddy, but I in my congestion heard hoddy toddy. And then came the coughing spell from laughing! Now you can leave out the Fireball Whiskey but if your a whiskey drinker you know how that can help you clear things out.
Hot Toddy Recipe With Fireball Ingredients:
- Tea Bag– If this is a nightcap, you can use one of the sleepy-time teas; note that a flavored tea will alter the drink’s taste.
- Honey– Using fresh local honey will help with allergy symptoms, but bottled store-bought honey also works.
- Hot Water
- Fireball Whiskey-In place of Fireball, Whiskey, or Bourbon as well if the cinnamon in Fireball is too much
- Cinnamon Stick
- Lemon Juice
how to make a hot toddy with fireball
In a mug or glass, squirt in some honey and lemon juice and hang your teabag. (If you can’t tell, I have a Mason jar problem and love my Mason jar mugs for cocktails)
Pour in your hot water, or allow it to brew into the glass.
Using a spoon or stir stick, mix together to dissolve your honey on the bottom and allow it to sit, so the tea bag brews a bit. I don’t leave the teabag in long as I don’t like a strong tea taste. You can use green tea, but I used a regular black tea bag.
Pour in your fireball shot. I got a shot bucket at Target over the summer with little bottles of Fireball it has been perfect for making small cocktails like this.
Now let me just say a fireball tea is amazing as well if you don’t want the extras in it.
If you want to drop in a cinnamon stick. Now, to save on cinnamon sticks look at the bulk section, or the latino section of the store. Those are much more affordable options for full cinnamon sticks. In a pinch ground cinnamon will work too
Remove your tea bag and give the cocktail another stir to finish making your hot toddy fireball nightcap.
Enjoy your nightcap!!
can you make a hot toddy with fireball?
Well yes, you can! Also, I have been asked, “is fireball good for a cold”?? And “does fireball help sore throat”?? While I am not sure of the scientific answer the warming effect has helped… or maybe it’s the knock ya on your bum effect? Either way, this drink is amazing and I felt pretty good!
Other Fireball Recipes:
Fireball drinks are just amazing in the fall and the winter! Everything is cinnamon, and they always taste amazing!
- Epic Guide to Fireball– Seriously, anything you want to know about fireball and what to mix with fireball? Fireball mixed drinks are full of flavor!
- Campfire Fire ball Cocktail-A layered cocktail that looks like glowing embers and is warm and spicy!
- Fireball Jello Shots– Perfect summertime cocktail using Fireball whiskey!
Amazing Cocktails To Try
Making cocktails at home is a great way to have fun drinks, be safe, and save money simultaneously! Having a girls’ night at the house is a great way to spend time with friends.
- Mermaid Water
- Mike A Rita’s
- Strawberry Creamsicle
- Frozen Banana Fosters
- Margarita Buckets
- 12th Man Drink
- Hot Toddy
Hot Toddy Recipe With Fireball
- Fire up your Keriug or start boiling some hot water.
- In a mug or glass squirt in some honey, lemon juice, and hang your tea bag.
- Pour in your hot water, or allow it to brew into the glass.
- Using a spoon or stir stick mix together to dissolve your honey on the bottom and allow to set so the tea bag brews a bit.
- Pour in your Fireball shot
- Remove your tea bag and give the cocktail another stir.
- If you want to drop in a cinnamon stick,
- Enjoy your nightcap!!