As Kylie has gotten older, she has gotten into everything peppermint. These Peppermint Chocolate Cookies Recipe are a new favorite! I love that they are made out of a cake mix, making them so easy to make! Isabella ended up whipping these up for Kylie as a holiday treats for her.
(I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
The holidays are creeping upon us, and we have been in the baking mode most weekends. Cake mix cookies are not new to us, but we love to find new ways to use cake mixes to make new cookies. I have to say that the Funfetti Cake Batter Cookies will always be our favorite due to the sprinkles!
Peppermint Chocolate Cookies Recipe Ingredients:
- Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix– You could use a chocolate cake mix; we just wanted the fudge consistency.
- Vegetable Oil
- Ghirardelli Peppermint Baking Chips-This was the only brand we could find in our area, I did want smaller, but the cookies were still amazing.
*We could not find Andes Peppermint Crunch in our area. It is on Amazon (see it-> here), but the Ghirardelli worked. The smaller chips would have been a bit easier and prettier*
Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips 10oz – 2 Unit PackGhirardelli Peppermint Baking Chips. Delicious Holiday Chips for Perfect Winter Mint Cookies and Bark.Candy Cane Peppermint Crunch – 2pk 10oz Bags, 1 Plastic Scoop, & 1 Recipe Card – Crushed Peppermint Candy Canes
How To Make Peppermint Chocolate Cookies:
Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
Mix the eggs, oil, and cake in a mixing bowl. I used a spatula because the batter is thick.
Slowly add in your chips, I ended up with 1 1/2 cups of baking chips added, but 1 cup would have been fine too.
Now I am in love with using parchment paper on my cookie sheet. This makes it a breeze, especially if you make a variety of cookies in one day. It is easy to rip off the paper and lay down a fresh batch since I don’t have to wash the pan in between batches.
I used a cookie scoop to scoop out the batter; if you aren’t using a cookie scoop to make cookies, you need to try it out. love my Wilton Scoop for making all the cookies and even mini muffins. (You can grab one -> here on Amazon)
Bake your cookies for 12 minutes and then check them to ensure they are done.
This made about 17 cookies for me.
Place on a wire rack to cool and store in an airtight container or bag.
What is your go-to holiday cookie recipe?
Other Cookie Recipes To Check Out:
I love making cake mix cookies! I have a whole collection; the Smore’s one is amazing! You can check out the collection -> here!
- Christmas Sugar Cookies– These cookies with homemade frosting are amazing!
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies-> Use a muffin pan and homemade peanut butter cookies, and stuff them with peanut butter cups!
- Minty Chocolate Delight Cookies– Chocolate cookies made with chocolate and mint morsels, an amazing sweet cookie!
Peppermint Chocolate Cookies Recipe
- Start out by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl mix the eggs, oil, and cake mix together, I used a spatula the batter is thick.
- Slowly add in your chips, I ended up at a 1 1/2 cup of baking chips, but 1 cup would have been fine too.
- Reynolds Kitchens Non-Stick Parchment Paper – 60 Square Feet
- I used a cookie scoop to scoop out the batter and parchment paper
- Bake your cookies for 12 minutes and then check them for being done.
- This made about 17 cookies for me.
- Place on a wire rack to cool and then store in an airtight container or bag.