This Loaded Twice Baked Potato Salad is amazing! I am dreaming of summertime already with the cookouts, the BBQs, the camping, and of course the sunshine!! Now making some things from scratch is intimidating to me still, and potato salad is one of those foods that just scares me to make. Last summer we had tried a Loaded Twice Baked Potato Salad from the deli but the price per pound was insane if you were to buy it for a potluck. Thank goodness for Pinterest! (I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.)
Now when we took the store-bought Loaded Twice Baked Potato Salad from the deli for a bbq it was a hit and gone fast! After seeing how well it went over with everyone I took to Pinterest to start to get ideas on how to make it, and much to my surprise it really is easy to make up. Plus if you shop the sales right and your stockpile it’s even a frugal recipe.
twice baked potato salad Ingredients:
- 4 lbs of baking potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups of sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups of mayonnaise
- 16ish slices of thick bacon *cooked and chopped
- 4 green onions chopped or more to taste
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese
- Honey Dijon mustard to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
How To Make twice baked potato salad:
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
Rinse off your potatoes and pat them dry
Place on the oven rack for about an hour until they are soft. *I flipped mine at 30 minutes*
When done remove and allow to cool
Cut up your bacon and cook it to your preference of doneness, we like ours chewy
Reserve some of the cheese, bacon, and green onions for garnishment.
In a bowl mix together all your ingredients minus the potatoes until well mixed.
Cut your potatoes into about 1-inch pieces, you can also peel the potatoes if you want.
Now a good knife is a must-have in any kitchen! I picked up this Aicok Knife (HERE)for under $10, but it’s keeps going out of stock often on Amazon due to how awesome it is. There are a lot of other top rated knives on Amazon at a great price. I am not the best at picking out Knives so when I can read reviews to find a good quality knife it’s a win for me.
Aicok 8-Inch Chef Kitchen Knife with Stainless Steel Razor Sharp Blade and Ergonomic HandleEquinox Professional Chef’s Knife – 8 inch Full Tang Blade – 100% German Steel with Protective BolsterAicok Ceramic Knife Set 3 Pieces, Ceramic Knife Healthy and Sharper than Stainless Knife, Aristocratic Knife Mirror Gloss
Now I combined the potatoes and the dressing together this up in a Tupperware Mega Bowl. My mom got this for me and it has been amazing at mixing everything!! It’s called THATSA® MEGA BOWL and we have used it for everything. You can head over -> here to shop, I earn nothing from this it’s just a rep I love that we got the bowl from. I also found them on Amazon as well -> here!!
Now I moved it into another bowl to make fancy for serving, I am a messy mixer so the big bowl is a most!!
Top with your garnishment!!
What is your go-to potato salad recipe to take to get-togethers?
Serve Twice Baked Potato Salad With:
Loaded Twice Baked Potato Salad
This Loaded Twice Baked Potato Salad is perfect to make to take to potlucks, get-togethers, and BBQs! So easy to make and the flavor is amazing with bacon, cheese, sour cream, and more in the mix for the perfect potato salad!
- 4 Lbs Baking Ppotatoes
- 1 1/2 Cups Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 Cups of mayonnaise
- 16 Slices Thick Bacon
- 4 Green Onions
- 1 Cup of cheddar cheese
- Honey Dijon Mustard
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Rinse off your potatoes and pat them dry
- Place on the oven rack for about an hour until they are soft. *I flipped mine at 30 minutes*
- When done remove and allow to cool
- Cut up your bacon and cook it to your preference of doneness, we like ours chewy
- Reserve some of the cheese, bacon, and green onions for garnishment
- In a bowl mix together all your ingredients minus the potatoes until well mixed
- Cut your potatoes into about 1-inch pieces, you can also peel the potatoes if you want
- Now I combined the potatoes and the dressing together this up in a bowl
- Now I moved it into another bowl to make fancy for serving, I am a messy mixer so the big bowl is a most!!
- Top with your garnishment!!