This Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe is one of my kid’s favorite recipes to make during the cooler months! My kids are banana crazy, so it doesn’t always happen that we end up with bananas that go bad, but we have learned to buy too many bananas so that we can make bread.
(I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
Now we have been making my moms banana bread for years but we love to find more ways to change it up. (You can see the original recipe -> here) My son could eat banana bread for every meal, so it never lasts long! If your family is slower at eating banana bread, you can freeze this bread for another day too!
Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Ingredients:
- All-Purpose Flour
- White Sugar
- Baking Soda
- Very Ripe Bananas
- Plain Yogurt– I have also used vanilla yogurt before, and either regular yogurt or greek yogurt works in this recipe.
- Butter-This will need to be melted and cooled a bit before being added to the batter for the banana bread.
- Vanilla Extract
- Chocolate Chip– I use semisweet chocolate chips but you can use any variety.
Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe Directions:
Start with melting butter to allow it to be cooled a bit when needed.
Make sure your oven rack is in the middle position, and heat oven to 350 degrees
Grease 2 bread pans and set aside. I love the Pyrex Loaf pans the handles make it easy to remove from the oven.
Peel and mash your ripe bananas.
Dump into your mixer the bananas, yogurt, eggs, cooled butter, and vanilla. I throw everything into the bowl of my Kitchen Aid Mixer and let the mixer do all the work.
After your wet ingredients are mixed add in your flour, sugar, salt, and chocolate chips.
Scrap your bowl to make sure everything mixes well.
Scrape the batter into your greased loaf pan with a spatula.
Bake until loaf is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center of the bread comes out clean.
Mine bakes for about 55 minutes.
Now we use these oven gloves all the time; I love that it makes the kids more confident in the kitchen and with pulling things out of the oven.
Cool in pan for 15 minutes and then transfer to wire baking rack.
Slice and enjoy!!
OPTIONAL ADD-INS FOR A BANANA BREAD RECIPE:
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVER chocolate Chip BANANA BREAD
I keep mine in a Gallon Ziploc and store it this way for up to five days. It typically does not last this long in my house.
Freeze in a freezer gallon Ziploc bag and store for up to three months in the freeze.
Loaf Bread Recipes:
Baking bread is so easy to make, and it makes for a tasty gift to give as well. Making loaf bread is a great way to get kids started in the kitchen as well.
- Amish Friendship Bread– Just like the old school Amish bread that had the starter bag but no need to feed a dough.
- Best Banana Bread– Easy to make using ripe banana, the yogurt makes for amazing bread consistency.
- Zucchini Bread– Use shredded zucchini to make this tasty loaf bread, a great way to use summer vegetables.
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread– A tasty twist on banana bread and a kid’s favorite.
- Homemade Pumpkin Bread-Perfect fall bread to make using canned pumpkin.
Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
- Start with melting butter to allow it to be cooled a bit when needed.
- Make sure your oven rack is in the middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease 2 bread pans and set aside
- Peel and mash your bananas
- Dump into your mixer the bananas, yogurt, eggs, and cooled butter and vanilla and mix together. I truthfully throw everything into the bowl of my Kitchen Aid Mixer and let the mixer do all the work. I don’t have the patience for mixing separately and combining, and it still turns out great.
- After your wet ingredients are mixed as in your flour, sugar, salt, and chocolate chips
- Scrape your bowl to make sure everything mixes together well.
- Scrape batter into your greased loaf pan.
- Bake until loaf is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center of the bread comes out clean. Mine bakes for about 55 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes and then transfer to wire rack.