Drive In Movie Theaters are something that I grew up going when I was younger, and now the rest of the family is in love with it! I love that now with all the changes in the world pop up drive-in theaters are popping up and also that drive-in movie theaters are making a huge comeback.
(I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
Now when we first moved to the Tacoma Area we took the kids to one that was in Auburn, WA but it closed in 2012. We had seen a couple of them while camping but never was able to squeeze it in on our trips. It lined up that Michael was a solo child for a weekend with me, so what better way for a mom and son date! He was so excited after all the changes this year finally something on his bucket list could be marked off as complete!
Now we went to the Rodeo Drive-in Movie theater in Bremerton, WA, we started the night out with dinner at Burger Claim And More in Belfair, WA before the movie! If you aren’t sure if there is a drive-in near you check out this site -> here or search around on Facebook for pop up drive-ins near you!
Prepping For The Drive In Movie:
- Buy tickets online if possible before going
- Check out the drive-in times and times the lines open
- Scope out their food policies if you can take food in
- Check out the snack bar menu
- Pet policies some allow pets but have rules regarding them
- Check radio requirements some require FM and some require AM radio frequencies
What To Take To The Drive-In Theater:
- Camping Chairs
- Snacks If Allowed
- Bug spray
- Air Mattresses for truck beds
- Entertainment for younger kids for before movies
- Comfortable Clothes or Pajamas
- Containers for snacks for the kids
- Flashlight for trekking to the bathroom with kids
What To Expect At The Drive-In Theater:
- Arrive early, we were an hour and a half early and there was already a line, be sure to check what time they open to get a good parking spot!
- Decide if you are taking chairs and blankets to sit in or if you will be in the car.
- If you are taking kid’s layout ground rules and the plans for the evening.
Have you been to a Drive In? Did your kids love it?