Now by the time you have your third baby you would think you know everything you know about having a baby right?? Now, Michael who was my second child, threw me for some loops right after Isabella born with his medical needs that I wasn’t prepared for. Followed by a couple months later Isabella had her own things pop up. When she was about ten months we realized she was bow-legged and something just wasn’t quite right. This post contains affiliate links and thanks to Zahler for sponsoring this post, as with any supplement or medical needs consult with your doctor.
Now Isabella was my biggest baby out of the three she was born weighing 9 lbs and 9 ozs. I was extremely blessed that we were able to solely breastfeed until she was almost 18 months, my other two children did not last that long due to my work schedule. While I loved being able to nurse we found out at about when she was ten months old that even though I was taking supplements she was not getting enough Vitamin D. Now living in Washington I already knew to take Vitamin D due to our lack of sunlight but it wasn’t enough to be passed on to her thru breast milk. I had no idea that baby drops of vitamin d were even a thing until a discussion with my pediatrician when she decided Bella needed labs and X-rays due to her lack of walking, bow-legged, and hip problems.
It was during this test that Isabella was tested for Rickets, thankful to say we were cleared of Rickets. Her hip problems ended up being from being breech so long while I was pregnant, who knew but this mom was excited. The bow-legged were from her hips adjusting and just her overall size as well. Thankfully you can see once she got going this did not stop her at all with getting around. While it did delay her milestones she has never slowed down since. Once she was able to get a bit more mobile, a bit of therapy, and a bit older her legs straightened out.
Now with any medication or supplements be sure to consult with your childs doctor before starting any new ones. I wish I had asked my pediatrician more questions when I had her about her nutritional needs more in-depth, especially since I already knew about vitamin d deficiency in myself. Thankfully there are great over the counter options of infant Vitamin D drops. Now I shared before about Zahalers prenatal vitamins (See my post → here and a promo code as well), so it’s probably no surprise that they also make amazing vitamin d drops as well. Plus you can order them right → here on Amazon!
About Zahler Vitamin D3 400 IU, Vitamin D Drops for infants from Amazon:
- Vitamin D drops for infants is a crucial nutrient for overall health, specifically maintaining strong muscles, bones, teeth and immune system
- Liquid vitamin D is Easy to take, in a liquid form providing all the benefits of vitamin D without the risk of unprotected exposure to UVB rays
- Have maximum absorption: Millions of individuals are deficient in this life-sustaining vitamin, Zahler’s Liquid vitamin D provides optimal potency and absorption
- Safe Natural And Effective: All natural liquid supplement providing doses of this critical vitamin, promoting healthier bodies
- Made In The Usa: Manufactured and bottled in a state of art GMP certified facility
Now I had to taste these and the little hint of coconut I can see little ones just loving and not giving to much of a fight to taking the drops. Have you had given or taken Vitamin D Drops before? You can see all of Zahlars products → here on Amazon!
Latest posts by Jenny (see all)
- Easy Oven Roasted Baby Potatoes - May 20, 2018
- Grilled Corn On The Cob In Foil Easy Grilled Vegetable! - May 18, 2018
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes For Any Morning - May 12, 2018