Summer is here which means a whole lot of craziness in our house!! With Girl Scout camp, soccer camp, day trips, soccer practices, play dates, and normal errands we are almost never home it seems like! I just had a friend ask me the other day when I am home since that was easier to track! With it being summer vacation we still work hard to keep the kids minds active and learning. One way they love to do that is with reading. We love to buy books, but with three kids the price can add up fast, plus taking three kids to the store is quite a crazy ordeal!! When I was offered the chance to review Thrift Books I had to jump on it, the girls have a new reading obsession of American Girl books and Michael still loves to just read soccer books!!!
Making it a habit to read is crucial! Here are some great Tips To Keep Kids Reading Over The Summer!
- Keep Books In The Car!! With the time we spend waiting in cars or doctor’s office its a great way to keep the kids reading. Plus it will stop the I am bored comments.
- Encourage Book Swapping! My kids swap their books with friends to keep what they are reading new and exciting. They love to discuss books with their friends.
- Join Reading Challenges! My kids are taking part in a reading challenge at the library. They get to earn free passes to the zoo and other prizes just for reading.
- Read With Them! My kids love when I sit down and read books to them, especially Bella and Michael. Plus it leads to discussion of what they read to help them comprehend the stories as well.
- Buy New Books! Nothing is more exciting then to find a new book series or author to read. That’s were Thrift Books is handy cause you can shop and stay on a budget!
I love how easy it was to search for the books they wanted from Thrift Books plus it was easy to find the cheapest option for the book title that they picked and to see if the were similar titles from the series as well for the girls to pick from!! Plus we found a good variety of books for Michael to chose from!! Plus the shipping is free over $10!! And I didn’t have to take the kids to the store to get a great deal!
Some Facts About Thrift Books:
- Thrift Books sells used books at the lowest everyday price on the internet. We have an unbeatable selection of 7 million books, honest/accurate grading and features that help you find out-of-print and second-hand treasures.
- FREE Shipping on US Orders of $10 or more; orders shipped within 24 hours
- Thrift Deals is our bargain section. Any title marked with a DEAL tag on the detail page is priced 2 books for $7.00, 3 books for $10.00, 4 books for $12.00, and each additional is $3.00 after 4 books!
- Reading Rewards – our loyalty program has no annual fee and rewards you with a $5 coupon for every $50 you spend on books.
- Tell-a-Friend – our referral program gives your friends & family a 15% OFF coupon, as a new customer. You also get one for referring them if they sign up within 14 days; unless you’re a Reading Rewards member. Then it’s 20%!
- Wish List – our Wish List will email you the instant an out-of-print book you want comes onto our shelves. We also show you how often we get copies of the title you want and how many other Thrift Books customers are interested in the same title.
- We’re a Google Trusted Store and our Trustpilot customer satisfaction ranking is 4.9/5
As you can see our books came from all over the US and that also started up a geography conversation with the kids!! The books came super fast and were in great condition for the price we paid. They already have a wish list going for their next order! Head on over -> here to get started shopping!
What are you doing to keep your kids reading this summer?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Latest posts by Jenny (see all)
- What To See And Do At Fort Ebey State Park - October 22, 2018
- Homemade Nonstick Spray! Replace Your Pam Frugally! - October 20, 2018
- Why You Should Shop At Goodwill For A DIY Halloween Costume! - October 19, 2018