Summer has been a fun and busy one but for my family, that means GO, GO, GO and GO some more!! It also means the kids are going to friends house, sleepovers t friends, school camps, and trips to the family alone making it necessary to reach them at all times. This post is sponsored by SheSpeaks/Republic Wireless. I did receive a phone on loan and 3 months of service from Republic Wireless to try out their service. Regardless all opinions are my own and were not influenced.
My son is the one of those who loves to just disappear with friends, now while I love that he is out doing stuff it can be nerve-wracking not to know where he is all the time. Now during the school year, I didn’t feel that a phone was as necessary for him to have all the time so summer has been the perfect time to try out a prepaid plan to see how well he does.
Now you can tell he was excited to test out the phone but also wanted to be able to prove he was able to have a phone of his own. I have to say that I loved how responsible he has been this summer with his phone. I have had him carry the phone in a running pouch on his waist so it’s never off his body and not easily set down and forgotten. So far it has worked great! Plus he has had some fun apps to play with as well on car trips and on the go!
Things he learned:
- How to set alarms to check in
- How to stay in touch with where he is
- Keeping track of the phone
- Monitoring his battery charge
- Using wifi to save data
- Watching his data usage
One of my favorite things about Republic Wireless was this app that showed us how much data he is using. He knows which app to open up and see what he has for the month, if he goes over he owes chores or money to earn it back. While he is only almost 10 it’s one of those things that I feel that he is old enough to monitor and keep track of it, gotta start them early!
So why chose Wireless Republic?
- Republic Wireless pioneered the idea of Wi-Fi first which has made for tens of millions in annual savings for its customer as a smart smartphone service.
- Their smart phones are able to deliver high quality and savings by using less expensive WiFi network when possible and also seamlessly connecting to nationwide 4G LTE cellular network whenever necessary.
- Plans start at $15/month and include unlimited talk and text whether on WiFi or cellular. Their data plans start at just $20/month.
- No contracts, no hidden fees.
- Affordable phone service on leading Android phones so you can stay in touch affordable with anyone, anywhere.
- When outside of WiFi coverage, the smartphone works just like a typical smartphone on the cellular networks of national GSM and CDMA carriers.
Even better the Republic Anywhere app launched on June 22! This app allows you to sync your Republic number with any device (laptops, phones & tablets) so you can stay connected to your text messages even when you’re away from your Republic Wireless serviced phone. Or as a mom, I can watch who and when Micahel is texting, plus it’s free for all Republic Wireless members. Easy to de-stress those moments when you don’t have your phone. Since Anywhere works like another phone, you can stay in touch when your actual phone is lost (out of battery, or flew off the roof of your car…which has happened).
var axel = Math.random() + "";
var a = axel * 10000000000000;
Latest posts by Jenny (see all)
- Easy Hawaiian Roll Sliders!! Plus Sweepstakes and Giveaway! - June 18, 2018
- Free Printable Chore Charts!! Perfect For Kids! - June 13, 2018
- Tips For Preparing For Free Camping! - June 12, 2018