It has almost been my personal motto since I was 19 life happens and you just gotta roll with the surprises that are in life!! Some surprises are great, some take awhile to warm up to, and some you just never like! Two of the biggest and best surprises of my life are my daughters, neither of the pregnancies was planned and an amazing surprise in my life. This post contains affiliate links and thank you to Zahler Prenatal for sponsoring this post . As with any prenatal or vitamin be sure to consult with a doctor for what your needs are. Information posted is not a substitute for speaking with a medical professional and is for reference only.
I remember my emotions for all four positive pregnancy tests in my life every single one brought a different reaction to me! I don’t think I have met a mother who has gone through the same that hasn’t agreed with that. The next thought with my first was, “OMG now what do I do!!!!!!!,” and then how do I take care of myself.
Even though I am not currently pregnant, or planning a pregnancy for myself, if your period has ever been a day late the what if I am pregnant thought has crossed your mind. If you are in a long-term relationship it has probably come up with your partner about what if you were to have a surprise pregnancy how both parties would feel. This can be an important conversation to have since there is not such a thing as 100% effective birth control.
How To Take Care Of Yourself With A Suprise Pregnancy:
Celebrate and Process- Take that moment after the lines pop up or the word forms to dance around, scream in joy, or just sit in shock. Take the time to think for yourself and fully grasp the results, truthfully sometimes you know before you take the test os it’s not a total shock
Share The News- The fun part can be sharing the news with your partner and family!! Be sure to take the time to discuss with your partner who and when you are telling about the pregnancy. Trust me having this conversation can save any hurt feelings if the news is shared too soon, or if the chance is taken from you to share.
Call The Doctor- After sharing the news with my mom she urged me to get in right away her pregnancies were all high risk, and sure enough, all mine ended up being high risk. Getting established with the doctor will help you to get in faster if you have the need and also let you know when to expect your first appointment.
Start a Prenatal- This one I did right away, probably the only times in my life I was consistent with my vitamins is when I am pregnant. I know I struggle at times finding prenatal at are easy to swallow and didn’t make me sick. Yes in addition to morning sickness some prenatal are harsh on your stomach and can make you sick.
Zahler Prenatal Plus DHA is a great prenatal that is available on Amazon!!
Plus use PPJPRE25 to save 25% more!! Thur 2/28 /18!!
I know DHA is something that is perfect to have in any prenatal!! Here are some great reasons to check out Zahler’s!! Even though I am not pregnant I did try one of these out and it was easy to swallow and didn’t have an aftertaste to it like other vitamins I have taken before.
- Zahler’s Prenatal Plus DHA is a complete prenatal with the DHA already included in the easy to swallow form
- DHA is critical for brain and eye development, important for Mommy to be’s mood after delivery, and improve overall mood and important for cognitive function.
- Third Party Tested – purified for mercury and other toxins
- Folate versus inexpensive and synthetic folic acid
- Quatrofolate is body ready requiring no complex conversion (which many people cannot perform for genetic reasons)
- 1000MCG contains the full amount in the most stable and bioactive form to ensure healthy mom and baby
- Folic Acid is highly important to prevent brain and spinal birth defects
- Gentle on stomach
- Easy to swallow and contains a soft gel delivery system and has no bad smell or aftertaste.
What was your reaction to your positive pregnancy test?
Latest posts by Jenny (see all)
- Easy Hawaiian Roll Sliders!! Plus Sweepstakes and Giveaway! - June 18, 2018
- Free Printable Chore Charts!! Perfect For Kids! - June 13, 2018
- Tips For Preparing For Free Camping! - June 12, 2018