One thing I have noticed as I am expanding on my cooking skills is that the spices I keep on hand can become overwhelming to go through!! Plus in addition to cooking, I have a ton of baking items on hand at all time that takes up cabinet space as well. I have found that taking time every 3 months or so to be organized helps to keep the mess away! (I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.)
Now it may be crazy but Spice Cabinet Organization has always been mind-boggling to me!!!! Yes seems simple right?? But the tools are expensive!! A friend had shared with me I Heart Organizing’s post on her kitchen cabinets and it gave me some ideas for mine!!! WhileI didn’t think the photo boxes would work well for me cause I am so clumsy and always spilling I found another option that works great!!! Before doing this I had things just thrown in everywhere.
Now I have moved twice since first writing this post in 2013. This was the cabinets I had in the house I owned at the time. I organized this with everything from the Dollar Tree, you really can’t beat that for a price point. I have linked to the baskets that I used which are still available at Dollar Tree, I don’t use all these baskets current day in my spice cabinet but they are in use in different parts of my home for other things so they are great storage options for different rooms.
My Spice Cabinet Organization Details Pictured Above:
- I had two baskets with items for baking ie sprinkles, cocoa, cinnamon, vanilla extract, maple extract etc put in it
- 1 basket with just meat seasonings like my McCormick Grill It Spices!
- Basket with the Pam has my most used things (salt, garlic salt)
- 1 with food coloring, candles, and more sprinkles (We have a slight sprinkle problem)
- 2 basket of just random spices I need to figure out how to group together
- The blue hole basket at the top holds all my big knives to keep away from the kids!!
We went to Dollar Tree for Gold Coins for a school project but I saw the bins and went ohhhhh!! The blue ones didn’t fit perfect side by side but with the handle baskets, it’s a perfect fit!! Plus behind my cabinet wood down the middle, I fit the odd bottles of sauces, big spices, etc and it doesn’t look cluttered!!
This is the way the baskets look at Dollar Tree! One store had them on the back wall the other store we had to go endcap hunting!! I was surprised by all the different options Dollar Tree had for the baskets! I grabbed extras for the storage room to organize parts of the stockpile!!
Non-Skid 3-Tier Cabinet Organizer, 15-Inch (Plastic, Set of 2)InterDesign Linus Spice Rack, Organizer for Kitchen Pantry, Cabinet, Countertops – 3-Tier, ClearSimpleHouseware 30 Spice Gripper Clips Strips Cabinet Holder – 6 Strips, Holds 30 Jars
If you don’t have as much luck at your Dollar Tree don’t worry Amazon has great options that won’t completely break your budget either. I have in my current cabinet the spice racks and a Dollar Tree bin. Plus you can order on Amazon so you don’t even have to leave the house, order and bam UPS man is at the door saving your spice cabinet you when you use Amazon Prime 2 day delivery! (Don’t have Prime? You NEED for easy online shopping!!)
How do you organize your spice cabinet??
Latest posts by Jenny (see all)
- Weight Watchers Chicken Parmesan Recipe Only 1 Freestyle Smartpoint - December 13, 2018
- What I Wish I Knew Before Joining Weight Watchers AKA WW - December 10, 2018
- Home Workout Equipment Must Haves - December 8, 2018