Lemon Crock Pot Chicken is a family favorite!! I love it when I can pick up whole chickens on meat markdown!! Cooking a whole chicken in the crockpot really isn’t hard to do at all. PLus you end up with chicken leftover to use in other meals.
(I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
I love finding meat on markdowns, but trying to find new ways to make food can be a challenge; I have no idea how generations before did this, the days of Pinterest. I will gladly use Pinterest to find new food at a discount. My next plan is to try a whole chicken in my Instant Pot.
Lemon Pepper Crock Pot Chicken Ingredients:
I first started making this in 2015, and it still gets made often in my house!
How To Make Lemon Pepper Crock Pot Chicken:
Make at least four tin foil balls, depending on how big your chicken is.
Remove the chicken innards and wash off with water.
Pat dry the chicken and place it on a plate.
Season to taste with lemon pepper seasoning, salt, and pepper.
Shake the chicken a bit over the plate to remove the excess seasoning and then place on the foil balls.
Be sure to place the chicken on the bottom side down. (aka breast side up)
Shake a bit of minced onion on the chicken, mine fell off when I did it on the plate so I ended up doing it in the crockpot.
Cook on high for 4-4 ½ hours
Ensure chicken is cooked to 165 degrees for food safety with a Food Thermometer to ensure its properly cooked
As you can see, the meat was just falling off the chicken bone!!
Serve with rice or pasta
WHAT TO SERVE WITH Lemon Peper CHICKEN IN THE CROCKPOT
- Oven Roasted Baby Potatoes
- Green Salads
- Classic Green Bean Casserole
- Garlic Parmesan Biscuit Pull-Apart Bread
- Oven Roasted Acorn Squash
- White Rice
Crockpot Recipes To Check Out
Crockpots are versatile and perfect for making meals without much work or effort. I use mine constantly! Below are some of my favorite collections of recipes I’ve made in my kitchen. Slow Cooker recipes are an easy way to get dinner on the table.
- Chicken Crockpot Recipes
- Crockpot Soup Recipes
- Weeknight Dinner Recipes
- Ground Beef Crockpot Dinners
- Crockpot Cinnamon Rolls
Lemon Pepper Crock Pot Chicken
- Spray your crock pot with the nonstick spray, I personally prefer my 8 quart Crock Pot when I make the whole chicken
- Make at least four foil balls depending on how big your chicken is
- Remove the chicken inards and wash off with water
- Pat dry the chicken and place on a plate
- Season to taste with the lemon pepper seasoning, salt, and pepper
- Shake a bit over plate and then place on the foil balls be sure to place the chicken in bottom side down (aka breast side up)
- Shake a bit of minced onion on the chicken, mine fell off when I did it on the plate so I ended up doing it in the crock pot
- Cook on high for 4-4 ½ hours
- Ensure chicken is cooked to 165 degrees for food safety with a Food Thermometer to ensure its properly cooked.