Great Wolf Lodge is the Perfect Water Park Destination!! One thing I hate about outdoor water parks is how much space there is to cover and when there is one of you and so many kids it becomes even harder. For the cost of two days at a water park, I can stay at Great Wolf Lodge and even have a hotel room! (I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. )
Great Wolf Lodge has become one of our favorite places to staycation!!! We have gone a couple of times a Girl Scouts night there and roomed with other scout friends!! I have been amazed at the cleanliness and safety of the water park and hotel overall! (We stayed at the Ground Mound, WA location each time). For the cost of a hotel room almost any were these days and to receive basically 2 days at a water park makes this a killer vacation spot!!
I especially love that in rainy gloomy Washington we can go play in the water and experience the water slides!! There is EVERYTHING in the hotel! Restaurants, spas, arcades, games and so much!! Both times we went we ended the night with a HUGE sundae from the ice cream shop!!
Each trip we have learned something new to make the stay better and easier. We are planning to go as a family as my little ones are finally almost tall enough for the slides. Final test will be if my son will do slides at Wild Waves this summer!!
Great Wolf Lodge Tips
- Take more than one swimsuit we did one per day worked out perfect this year easier to put it on dry!
- Take a towel or a robe to use from water park to hotel room they provide towels for use in the water park but are not supposed to leave the water park (I don’t think they yelled at people but I still felt more comfortable covered up walking back)
- Plan out your meals!! The restaurants were pricey we got lucky our Great Wolf has Burger Claim in the parking lot we ate for dinner (Review to follow but to die for onion rings and burgers!) We did muffins in the room for breakfast.
- Bring your own snacks and drinks for the in the room. A 20 oz Coke was $2.50 in the vending machine!
- Research ahead of time if you want to do the magic quest on the hotel site
- Schedule out your time for pool/games/spa extra so there’s no fit throwing from the kids at the end of things
- Most of all be ready to have fun!!!!
All opinions are mine make sure to check the website and hotel location as some things may vary.
Has your family stayed at Great Wolf Lodge before?? What are your tips for the water park?
Kelly @ Practical Savings says
Aww how fun. If we ever visit WA, we should go there. The kids would LOVE the water park and I want to try that burger. 😀
What a lovely fun day for children and adults to enjoy together.
This makes me wish I could visit WA. It looks like a perfect vacation spot. I love places that have so many amenities.
Kristina & Millie says
I so need to take the grandkids otherwise they might find a pair of grandparent running around splashing and playing all by themselves as odd and kick us out 🙂 thanks for sharing this info!
WA is on my list of places to visit! Thank you for sharing this wonderful spot! I know my kids would love it.
I have never been to Great Wolf Lodge but I’ve always wanted to try it! There is one only a few hours from us, so I really have not excuse. Sounds like you had a great time!
Lisa @ Drugstore Divas says
This sounds like such a fun place to with kids. I have a friend with a young daughter who live near you. When her daughter is a little older, I’ll tell her to check it out.
This looks like great fun. The kids would just love it!