Upcycle Patio Furniture, its something that is all new to me. I wanted to get a bistro set for our front patio but I was not falling in love with anything I fund in stores and they were also so expensive. I was nervous with it not being fenced in someone taking it so I wasn’t wanting to spend a lof of money on a patio set. (I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.)
Now, most of the sets I found that I did like were $200 in the stores and I wasn’t spending that much. My girlfriend Jenn told me to look on Facebook or Offer-Up. I was so excited to find a nice little plastic set for only $5, Jenn insisted this was easy to fix up so I jumped on it! Plus since it folds down its easy for me to pop in the garage during windstorms!
Now that green was a no go for me. I took Kylie and Bella to the store so we could pick out the spray paint color for us to use. We went for Krylon Satin Periwinkle, we even double checked that it was made for plastics!
We picked up 2 cans of the spray paint and it worked out to be just about the perfect amount of spray paint for the project! I think we probably could have used less but Bella was having a blast spray painting.
So between what Jenn told me and the tips I picked up, I am proud of how this turned out!
Easy Tips To Upcycle Patio Furniture:
- Double check everything is tightened screw wise and that everything functions
- Spray everything down with water, my set had cob webs in it
- Clean with a mild disinfection or dish soap
- Allow to completely dry fully before spraying with the spray paint
- Lay down a tarp or drop cloth under neat your furniture before drying
- If you want you can sand down a bit or just spray paint everywhere the surfaces are exposed
- Allow to dry overnight, I moved mine onto another tarp under our covered deck .
Krylon K05352402 Periwinkle ‘Satin Touch’ Decorator Spray Paint – 12 oz. Aerosol9 x 12 All Purpose Canvas Cotton Drop Cloth20 Piece Multi Use Great Value,Drop Cloth,Plastic Drop Cloth, for Paint Roller, 9x12Feet, Home Repair Tools,Tools,Tool Kits,ToolsTapix 9′ X 12′ Plastic Drop Cloth 6 Rolls 108 Square Foot 0.7 Mil Thickness Perfect for Item Storage Great Furniture Cover
- Touch up spray paint the next day, I had a couple spots that needed another layer
- Allow to dry completely
- Enjoy your furniture!!!
Now as a fun note make sure that you were gloves and socks/shoes. As you can tell we got covered, so be sure to check everything before heading into your house!!
Now make sure that you are dressed to get in to all the different surfaces, this required some different bending and twisting but Bella and I had fun laughing at all the different angles we had to get into to get everything coated.
Didn’t it turn out nice!! I how it looked with my planter! Have you done a furniture upcycle project before?
Latest posts by Jenny (see all)
- Why You Need Armogear Laser Battle For Your Kids!! - April 16, 2019
- Homemade Meatballs In Spaghetti Sauce - April 15, 2019
- 50 Summer Boredom Busters for Kids - April 14, 2019