The most important part of this Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Cordon Bleu is, of course, the bacon! Let’s face it. Bacon is what makes this so amazing – in addition to the gooey, stringy cheese in the chicken. This was such a filling dinner that we had it with just a side salad. This is the perfect cheat meal for me, plus it’s still packed full of protein!
(I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
We have made this quite often since the first time in 2016, and it is always a hit with the kids. Recently we made it, and my girlfriend, who does keto, mentioned how she was going to have to make these since they are keto-friendly.
I love how full of protein these are, though the cheese and bacon add quite a bit of point now; at least the chicken breasts are zero Weight Watchers Smart Points. Now, this isn’t the most frugal dinner, but it’s delicious.
bacon wrapped chicken cordon bleu Ingredients:
Bacon: You will want to have thick-cut bacon; since the bacon will be wrapped around the chicken breast, it needs to be “heavy duty.”
Slice Mozzarella Cheese
how to cook chicken cordon bleu with bacon:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Wrap a large baking sheet with tin foil to catch the bacon grease and other drippings to make clean-up a breeze.
Stand your baking rack on the foil-wrapped baking sheet.
Trim any excess fat off of your chicken breasts.
Using your knife, slice open your chicken breasts.
Cut the ham and cheese to fit in the chicken breast, then layer them into the chicken breast.
Wrap the chicken breast with bacon and use toothpicks at each end of the bacon strip to anchor the bacon into place.
Once wrapped in bacon, place the chicken breasts on the baking rack.
Bake for an hour.
*If your chicken breasts are large, I recommend flipping them at about 45 minutes to ensure the chicken breast is cooked. Use a meat thermometer to double-check the temperature as well. It should be 165 degrees.*
What To Serve With Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Cordon Bleu:
There is no wrong side dish to serve up with chicken cordon bleu. I prefer to do a lighter side dish just because the dish can be on the heavy side. Check out my full list of -> What To Serve With Chicken Cordon Bleu.
Sides: Vegetable Stir Fry, Air fryer Asparagus, Grilled Corn on the Cob, White Rice, Oven Roasted Asparagus, Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts, Oven Roasted Potatoes, Oven Roasted Acorn Squash, Loaded Mashed Potatoes, Crockpot Quinoa
How To Store baked bacon Wrapped Chicken
Once your bacon chicken cordon bleu has cooled properly, store it in a ziploc bag or an air-tight container for up to three days after cooking. You can freeze and keep it for up to 90 days after cooking.
Storing leftovers properly requires the right tools! My preferred storage method is if the leftovers can be sealed in a food saver. If not, then an air-tight container or Ziploc bag for the fridge is the way I go. The air-tight container and a freezer Ziploc bag are the next best bet for freezing the leftovers. I also use a food scale to measure portions into serving sizes.
How to Reheat chicken cordon bleu wrapped in bacon
You can reheat using a microwave, an oven, or an air fryer.
Other Amazing Bacon-Wrapped Recipes
It’s no secret that bacon makes everything better right?? I love to find ways to include it in other dishes and appetizers. It never disappoints.
- Bacon Wrapped Smokies-Wrap pieces of bacon around your smokies, sprinkle with brown sugar, and then bake them! Such a tasty treat!
- Bacon Wrapped Annehiem Peppers– Stuff Annehiem peppers with an amazing sausage mixture and then wrap them in bacon to throw on the grill!
- Pork Tenderloin Bacon Wrapped– Wrap bacon around a pork tenderloin and bake this tasty dish! Plus add maple syrup for a sweet twist to this dish!
- Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus – Perfect side dish with the addition of bacon! Use your air fryer for this no-fuss side dish that is tasty!
What have you made better after you wrapped it in bacon?
Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Wrap a large baking sheet with tin foil to catch the bacon grease and other drippings to make clean up a breeze.
- Stand your baking rack on the foil wrapped baking sheet.
- Trim any excess fat off of your chicken breasts.
- Using your knife, slice open the chicken breasts.
- Cut the ham and cheese to fit in the chicken breast. Layer them in the chicken breast.
- Wrap the chicken breast with bacon and use toothpicks at each end of the bacon strip to anchor the bacon into place.
- Once wrapped in bacon, place the chicken breasts on the baking rack.
- Bake for an hour.
- *If your chicken breasts are large, I recommend flipping them at about 45 minutes to make sure the chicken breast are cooked through. Use a meat thermometer to double check the temperature as well. It should be 165 degrees.