Being sick on a trip is no fun, these tips To Help Treat Motion Sickness can make travel easier. As a kid, we road-tripped from South Dakota to Idaho/Utah often. I learned the hard way I am one of those who get motion sickness! This post was sponsored by Dramamine® as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central. (I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.)
Now Road Trips are a blast! I mean isn’t that what summertime fun is made of?? I still remember the first time I was plagued with motion sickness. It was on a summer road trip to my grandmother’s house. Growing up as military brat, we were stationed in South Dakota, but most of our family was in Idaho and Utah, so we would make the long trek to visit them. I have many memories of my mother being carsick – even on short trips – so at least my family knew what to tell me to try out to cope with motion sickness. I have to say I am extremely lucky to not to get it as bad as my mom. For me, it happens mainly on winding roads.
Sea-Band Anti-Nausea Acupressure Wristband for Motion or Morning Sickness, Adult, Pack of 2 (Colors May Vary)MQ Motion Sickness Patch, 20 CountDramamine Original Formula Motion Sickness Relief | 36 Count
Now I am thankful we live in a day and age with many options, Dramamine is my mom and now my go-to for combating motion sickness!! I even had a spell last year coming down a mountain pass in Idaho where I was driving and got motion sickness. Thank goodness for non-drowsy options too!
With being a single mom of three kids under 11, it became a given that I’m driving. So when I met this amazing guy who prefers to drive and loves to travel, well, you wanna guess what I had magically forgotten? Yup! I forgot I get car sick as a passenger!! Luckily, the first ride ended up not being too long, but now you wanna guess what I don’t leave home without? You guessed it! I always slip Dramamine® into my purse to help combat motion sickness!
I am thankful that there are some other ways to cope, but when I know it will be long curvy roads that get to me, Dramamine® is there!! Knowing what kind of roads and driving conditions can make you sick is so important. Not sure what motion sickness is? There are varying degrees of motion sickness. You can get a yucky feeling, nauseous feeling, or actually get sick to your stomach. And the causes are different too. For myself, it’s the winding roads at high speed that get me, but for others even just riding along flat roads can make them feel ill. Mine is different from my mom’s carsickness and luckily ends up staying fairly mild with proper planning.
10 Ways To Help Treat Motion Sickness:
- Sit up front- Being able to see the road can really help keep symptoms at bay.
- Avoid heavy food- With less in your stomach, it’s less likely to upset you.
- Fresh air- Roll the window down a bit or turn on some air conditioning. The fresh air will really help.
- Sip on ginger ale- This can really help to settle your stomach.
- Nibble on saltine crackers- Much like when you have the stomach flu, this can help a lot.
- A cold compress on your head- This can really help if you get dizzy from feeling sick.
- Suck on fruity hard candies- After having morning sickness with Kylie, I learned this worked well for my body. It may not have the same effect on you.
- No reading in the car- This is my mom’s huge trigger for her motion sickness.
- No electronics in the car- This is what did me in. I was surfing Pinterest for new recipes and boom, I felt so sick.
- Don’t turn around to kids- This is another one that gets me: turning to do something for the kids. Make sure they have everything they need before leaving. Turning back can set your stomach in motion.
I love that Dramamine® Non-Drowsy Naturals is the first non-drowsy solution for motion sickness from Dramamine®, the leaders in motion sickness relief. Did you know that unlike many other sources of ginger that motion sickness sufferers frequently try – like ginger ale, candies and gums – Dramamine® Non-Drowsy Naturals contains the clinically-tested ginger dosage required for preventing and treating motion sickness? It can help to prevent and relieve motion sickness symptoms nausea and vomiting, which products like antacids and upset stomach relievers do not. And because it’s made from natural ginger, it is safe to use every day you travel.
How do you Treat Motion Sickness? What is your go-to prevention method?